PENN

Tre

Mar 31, 2004
Ca
Name
Tre
Boat
Boats
Started @ 8:00 up near Empire. No current, not much bait, no birds, a few seals around and a handful of boats scattered about. Had 7" mackerel and fresh sabiki made deans. a few calico and barracuda bites and that was all.

Headed East @ 11:00 for more of the same. Nice day on the water, but looks like the fish have moved.

Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
We were in Empire yesterday,watched a couple YT and cudas landed.We had great bass fishing with some nice legal fish.I just pulled the plug about 11:30 as the seals were eating EVERY bass we released including a sheep head.We were in there the day before for a couple YT on fin bait,yesterday we had some squid from the Carnage which made the diff on the bass bite.Tom

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Fishing from a few days before the full moon to a few days after is usually good. A few days past tense not so good .

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Started @ 8:00 up near Empire. No current, not much bait, no birds, a few seals around and a handful of boats scattered about. Had 7" mackerel and fresh sabiki made deans. a few calico and barracuda bites and that was all. Headed East @ 11:00 for more of the same. Nice day on the water, but looks like the fish have moved.
Fish that have moved can be found versus fished that have moved-on are likely at another island and/or inshore and that will take more effort to locate them. Sounds like you made he most of your day, thank you for the details.

Upvote 0

Azarkon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
Sport king and Patriot did find the fish but from what I heard the fish they found are a lot smaller than the previous quality being caught. Mentioned 5 to 6 pounds instead of 10 to 15.

Upvote 0