Steveo77

Steveo77
Apr 22, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Grumpy
Nacho had sardines at 5am. Not much weather leaving LB but the last 7ish miles to the east end was pretty rough.
anchored at the V,s, chummed and soaked some baits for nothing. Sat there through the tide-swing then then packed up and worked our way up the back to the west end. Change of plan when I took a couple waves over the bow. Turned back to LB and entered the white cap forest.
1/2 way back was able to push into it and get up the 21ish.
I metered from Church to China and didn’t see any marks on the FF. There were only a few other boats out there. Didn’t see anyone hooked up either.
It was still better then staying on the couch scratching my ass.
Hope this helps. Maybe wait a couple more days for the weather to clear.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Thanx for the report and glad your in safe It can get rather sporty in the channel, Im out at the local stones in the morning looking for bottom critters.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

woolybugger

Mar 7, 2006
    San pedro
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat
    Parker 1801 cc
    Ive been waiting patiently for good weather but the damn wind has been relentless . Im fishing from an parker 1801 so im using rain gear instead of a cabin. Havent been able to have good weather and a day off coincidence in over 2 weeks. Glad you braved it and got out there and thanks.

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    Ive been waiting patiently for good weather but the damn wind has been relentless . Im fishing from an parker 1801 so im using rain gear instead of a cabin. Havent been able to have good weather and a day off coincidence in over 2 weeks. Glad you braved it and got out there and thanks.
    I had the same boat. I'd fish in pretty rough conditions but always wore my Grundens. One thing I didn't do enough if was trailer it. I'm in HB and regret not taking up to Santa Barbara and SLO for inshore rock fishing.

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    Thanx for the report and glad your in safe It can get rather sporty in the channel, Im out at the local stones in the morning looking for bottom critters.
    Standing by for report

Reactions: Noah & Scoot
    Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
    May 28, 2006
    Chino,Ca
    Name
    Leonard
    Boat
    Mine
    Rockfish Was good Sunday 1/2 way to Rocky point in 190 whaler no problem even took the wife, weather you guys are weak

Upvote 0