PuraPesca

Living' that Pesca Life
Apr 28, 2020
SoCal
Name
Alex
Boat
Mako 214
Went out with the boys today for a trip to Cat. Bait was alright out of LB..there were a few lost clouds but visibility was great. You could see the entire island right out of the harbor. The wind was blowing as we had planned for and managed to anchor (after 20 mins lol ) just south of pebbly beach after a 1:20 hr trip. The Calico's were biting hard. The choice of bait was sardine with a sinker. My buddy landed a 4lber/22inches within 20 mins of fishing. A couple plastics were thrown around but the fin bait was really promising. Bonito and Barracuda were tearing up our bait. After about 2 hours we moved up close to Frog rock and had another 2 hours of solid fishing. We landed 30+ calicos, 5 barracuda, 4 bonito, and a sheep head. Too bad a handful of bait died on us. No YT action for us but solid action. The wind was coming from the west all day. The channel got rough with a mixed swell and wind. Got soaked , but worth the trip !

IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0873.jpeg

Reefmo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
Went out with the boys today for a trip to Cat. Bait was alright out of LB..there were a few lost clouds but visibility was great. You could see the entire island right out of the harbor. The wind was blowing as we had planned for and managed to anchor (after 20 mins lol ) just south of pebbly beach after a 1:20 hr trip. The Calico's were biting hard. The choice of bait was sardine with a sinker. My buddy landed a 4lber/22inches within 20 mins of fishing. A couple plastics were thrown around but the fin bait was really promising. Bonito and Barracuda were tearing up our bait. After about 2 hours we moved up close to Frog rock and had another 2 hours of solid fishing. We landed 30+ calicos, 5 barracuda, 4 bonito, and a sheep head. Too bad a handful of bait died on us. No YT action for us but solid action. The wind was coming from the west all day. The channel got rough with a mixed swell and wind. Got soaked , but worth the trip !

View attachment 1150887

View attachment 1150888

View attachment 1150889

View attachment 1150890
great pix