Castaway Lodge - Seadrift Tx

Plimbob

Jun 28, 2012
Urbandale, Iowa USA
Name
Tim Plimmer
Boat Name
21ft Alumacraft
Hello, Just wanted to post a quick report on our trip on 4/9-4/10 with the folks at Castaway Lodge in SeaDrift TX. We caught a good amount of Redfish, Black Drum and a few good sized Sheepshead. We were fishing the backwaters and intercoastal. The guides Corey and Doug were great and Capt Chris Allen owner of Castaway was great to work with getting the trips set up and managed. I would highly recommend if you're in the area and plan to hire a guide or looking for an all-inclusive service then defintely look into Castaway Lodge.

Jared Black Drum 4-9-22.jpg

Mitch Black Drum 4-10-22.jpg

Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat Name
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
I was in Seadrift TX a few years back to pick-up a trailer from Shoreline trailers, did not know mosquitoes got that big, quaint little place, took a tour of all the oyster farms.
Had to wait three days for the trailer, if I was aware there was that kind of fishing would have given it a shot.

Upvote 0

Plimbob

Jun 28, 2012
Urbandale, Iowa USA
Name
Tim Plimmer
Boat Name
21ft Alumacraft
I was in Seadrift TX a few years back to pick-up a trailer from Shoreline trailers, did not know mosquitoes got that big, quaint little place, took a tour of all the oyster farms.
Had to wait three days for the trailer, if I was aware there was that kind of fishing would have given it a shot.
Reel,

That is the first time I have fished there myself. My son lives in Austin. My other son and I flew down from Iowa to give it a go. We'll defintely go back and give it another go.

Take care.
Tim

Upvote 0