Car rental in Cabo

Beer Goggles

Feb 9, 2007
Trabuco Canyon CA
Name
O
Boat
The Snapper Slapper
Just know that the quoted price will at least double by the time they add up all of the BS "insurance fees" that they charge you. Also film the car real quick before you pick it up to avoid the claims of damage once you return the car. We just went with Hertz at the Cabo airport but the $250 ish I paid upfront for a POS Volkswagen was almost $700 by the time all was said and done. Not sure if your flying into La Paz or SJD but I would assume the scam is the same regardless. With 4 people and gear you might have to rent a mini van. Best of Luck to You sir- maybe a van shuttle would be more cost effective if you are just going to stay at Ventana/Sargento?

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Just know that the quoted price will at least double by the time they add up all of the BS "insurance fees" that they charge you. Also film the car real quick before you pick it up to avoid the claims of damage once you return the car. We just went with Hertz at the Cabo airport but the $250 ish I paid upfront for a POS Volkswagen was almost $700 by the time all was said and done. Not sure if your flying into La Paz or SJD but I would assume the scam is the same regardless. With 4 people and gear you might have to rent a mini van. Best of Luck to You sir- maybe a van shuttle would be more cost effective if you are just going to stay at Ventana/Sargento?
Have to agree. Even when we've been to La Paz, we really didn't need a car and we were there for just over a week. There, in LP, there were many choices for taxis and UBER. Don't know if there is UBER in Ventana, but certainly hiring a shuttle to get you there from Cabo would be worth researching. We actually asked our shuttle driver at the airport when we landed, and he was available pretty much for all our longer side trips and back to the airport for departure.

***Note to those following this: there is NO Uber in Loreto, just a couple of taxis. Literally!

Upvote 0

tunastuna

• Nov 13, 2015
    Houston, texas
    Name
    Diego
    Boat
    none wishing
    Car rental is my highest cost when visiting SJD and Cabo. I've always rented from the US companies. I always get the full coverage insurance because of a lesson learned in the late 90's.
    Good to know about Cactus. I have seen they are cheaper but was weary. I'll try them in the future.

Upvote 0