Cape cod special slow pitch rod

blacktale

Jan 22, 2019
Salem, OR
Name
Don
Boat
24' North River hard top
Looking to purchase one of two rods for slow pitch jigging, first being the Temple reef Innovate 8'0MH. The second being the Black hole cape cod slow pitch rod B-662HMF 6'6".

Has anybody fished the cape code B-662HMF 6'6" Are these rod tips light enough to pitch 120 grams jigs efficiently??
There is also a spinning version of this rod. Dose the HMF stand for heavy moderate fast.

Can't seem to find any videos with people using slow pitch iron I seen a lot of cape cod slow pitch videos on this rod to view the tip slow pitch action but only seen rods bent over, this rod can definitely handle big fish. I would like to see/handle the rod but nobody in our area sales the rods so have to purchase sight unseen darn.

Am fishing a lot of 120 gram jigs off a private boat on drifts, target tuna no larger than 40 pounds.

After talking with Benny my friend pulled the trigger on the Temple reef 8'0MH should arrive Saturday, We will fish this rod ASAP check out the action.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

twotrack

habitual scopolamine abuser
Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
Slide this into the Jig and Pop section. You'll get better action.

Upvote 0

Almud

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Almud
Boat
Wish I Had One
Looking to purchase one of two rods for slow pitch jigging, first being the Temple reef Innovate 8'0MH. The second being the Black hole cape cod slow pitch rod B-662HMF 6'6".

Has anybody fished the cape code B-662HMF 6'6" Are these rod tips light enough to pitch 120 grams jigs efficiently??
There is also a spinning version of this rod. Dose the HMF stand for heavy moderate fast.

Can't seem to find any videos with people using slow pitch iron I seen a lot of cape cod slow pitch videos on this rod to view the tip slow pitch action but only seen rods bent over, this rod can definitely handle big fish. I would like to see/handle the rod but nobody in our area sales the rods so have to purchase sight unseen darn.

Am fishing a lot of 120 gram jigs off a private boat on drifts, target tuna no larger than 40 pounds.

After talking with Benny my friend pulled the trigger on the Temple reef 8'0MH should arrive Saturday, We will fish this rod ASAP check out the action.

Cheers.
I have the BH 6’2” and 6’6” spinning. Use 80 to 250gr in AK and Panama. They work well. Tried the Innovate in Panama this year and enjoyed it too. BH is having a 10% sale now.

Upvote 0

blacktale

Jan 22, 2019
Salem, OR
Name
Don
Boat
24' North River hard top
I have the BH 6’2” and 6’6” spinning. Use 80 to 250gr in AK and Panama. They work well. Tried the Innovate in Panama this year and enjoyed it too. BH is having a 10% sale now.

10% and free shipping. my friend receives his Innovate rod today, when the ocean conditions allow we will try check it out.

Upvote 0

Almud

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Almud
Boat
Wish I Had One
10% and free shipping. my friend receives his Innovate rod today, when the ocean conditions allow we will try check it out.
Mine came in one of the nicest rod covers I have received! Hopefully will try it in AK this summer. Maybe even for Cohos.

Upvote 0