OUTFITTER'D
Feb 18, 2006
Strike Zone
www.radiosilencefishing.com
Name
Justin Reynolds
Boat
Free Ranger
I was in Cape Cod, Massachusetts filming with Patrick Sebile for Inside Sportfishing this past week. The targeted species for this trip was the Striped Bass that are native to the Atlantic Coast. We spent our days fishing the bay from an 18' Parker center console with Capt. R Andrew Cummings, and walking the rocks of the Cape Cod canal with local angler Roy Leyva. Pretty hard core trip when you're fishing with a madman like Patrick Sebile, the guy just doesn't stop fishing. We'd wake up at 4am, fish the bay from 5am until 2pm, then drive an hour to the canal to meet up with Roy and fish until dark, then drive an hour back to our hotel to shower, eat dinner, charge batteries, and sleep whatever hours were left before the next dawn! The weather on this trip ranged from sunny and hot, to heavy showers and electrical storms to severe weather alerts including a tornado warning...memorable stuff for sure.
The local angling community in the Cape Cod area is strong and is comprised of dedicated Striper fisherman that have an incredible fishery in their front yards. It was still fairly early in the season while we were there, but large groups of fish showed up daily and went on rampant feedings along the banks of the passage.
Tidal breaks, current, wind, and crowds all play significant roles in their fishery. I met some great people on this trip, helpful and friendly anglers that were passionate about Striper fishing...It's not often that people are so willing to share tactics, information, and spots...It was great to see how an entire community is really built around the resource of this beautiful fish.
Here are some pictures that I took between filming and running the rocks with our new friends.

Looking West on the tracks

Looking East on the tracks

Local Cape Cod angler, Roy Leyva

Sean, Tim, Tony and Roy...discuss the morning bite.
These guys have tricked out rigs on their bikes to cover water quickly and target the fast moving schools of striper that use the 7 mile long canal to feed.

CREW

Roy with a solid canal striper taken on the Sebile Magic Swimmer

They ate the soft swimmer up tight to the kelp line on the rocks!!!

Mackerel and Herring are the dominant canal forage.

Patrick Sebile with a cast from the bank on the long rod.

Non stop with this guy.

The sky caught fire this morning as we launched into the bay.

Drained out...skillful exit approach

You ready?

One of Patrick's many yard sales on deck...super safe

Anytime you pull up on a spot and your meter looks like this...IT'S ON!

Patrick, Capt. Cummings and I smile for the camera.

Sneaking in a 25lb Striper before lunch...

Catch and Release...preserve the fishery

Critical Mass.

Then back to the canal for some of this!
Roy with a bank monster.

Support your local seafood joint...in this case, Moby Dick's!

Cape Cod calm...

Fishing journalist and French friend, Jean Francois Leroux

Scusset Beach

Still casting

Roy fed this fish the Sebile slim stick

Angry greenhead in a serious fight

Capt. R Andrew Cummings and a striper with a mouth full of Magic

Capt. Andrew and Patrick...Cape Cod Bay

Lure maker, Engineer, and fishing Psychotic-Patrick Sebile, Cape Cod, Mass.

Big Thanks to all of the local anglers and friends we made on this trip...Hats off to Red Top Sports and much Aloha to Roy Leyva, and Capt. R Andrew Cummings for putting us on some serious Striped Bass!
If you plan on heading to Cape Cod to target these fish, look either of these guys up and count on catching fish!
OUT.

duanediego

fish hard.
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Duane
Boat
Pinnacle - Parker 2520XLD
killer documentation of yet another amazing journey... thanks for sharing justin!

Juny

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Super sweet documentation!

Always a pleasure to read your posts SBK.

csheldon

skipper
Jan 30, 2011
hb
Name
cheyne sheldon
Boat
tcb
that looks like an amazing trip.sebiles a legend. thanks for sharing

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
great photos man, sure looks like a good time.

mako madness

Aug 14, 2006
poway
Name
Louie
Boat
22 trophy
That is so awesome!, he must really like striper fishing cause I saw him on two different episodes with Larry Dalhberg doing similar stuff.

Skimo

Jun 5, 2011
Ma
Name
ger khang
Boat
Canal Cruiser...hahaha
nice having ya with us Justin...hopefully next time the fishing will be a little better....not that it wasn't good..

Jesstuna

Oct 25, 2004
Whittier
Name
Jess
Boat
Polaris Supreme Fatboy Club
Sick report, man it looks like it was non-stop....great shot too! thanks for sharing.

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
Great write up and pics! I love the bicycle fisherman. I used to bike fish for trout on the Truckee river. Good times

Richard Cranium

Bleached Starfish...
Oct 14, 2004
H.B.
Name
Pace , ペース様
Boat
Ez Go golf cart
Killer stuff.