Cap Sante/ Skyline Marina

StabiCruiser

Feb 26, 2021
Snohomish
Name
Joe
Boat
Stabicraft 2250
Which do you prefer and why? Washington park is a no go for for me, and Cornet is out for this trip due to a strong ebb tide during our desire departure window. Who has experience slinging in at either of these marinas? We will be leaving truck and trailer behind for about a week.

RedRunner

Almost A Member
Jul 15, 2016
Stanwood
Name
Josh
Boat
Northwest SeaStar
I've used Cap Sante once and it sucks. Not because the sling operators don't know what they're doing...its people who don't prep their trailers/ boats ahead of time and the dip shits who tie up in the load zone below sling. If you like to wait around and talk to 6 other boaters for 1-2 hrs go to Cap Sante. Otherwise Wa park and launch/ retrieve at or above 0 tide.

Upvote 0

StabiCruiser

Feb 26, 2021
Snohomish
Name
Joe
Boat
Stabicraft 2250
Any input on which of these is better to work with if you don’t have sling cut outs in your bunks? I’ve never used a sling launch before, and didn’t even consider the cut outs until the other day. Bellingham is an option, but I’m coming from the south, so driving further just to run further isn’t very appealing.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2013
Anacortes
Name
Curt
Boat
Duck, Duck, Goose
This is a question that's needs boat size info, but I'll take a stab.

Cap Sante is great but slow. Most guys there want to talk more then do. Cap Sante does have some weight limits and is a lot further from anywhere I go fishing too.

Washington park is close but not as nice of a ramp. I have a 28' Duck and need a +2ft tide or better to launch and retrieve.

Coronet is a beautiful launch and very protected. Coronet is a little further drive. The current through the pass isn't a big deal unless you're in 14ft ish and smaller. If you're this small, then you probably shouldn't be going into the islands

Summary.
I would go Washington Park if you're 14' and under, Coronet for 16' and over. I'd avoid Cap Sante because the boat ride is further and launch/retrieve is slower.

That said, I use Washington Park because it's super close. I keep the boat in the water and only pull it out for cleaning or to go tuna fishing.

Upvote 0

m105580

Jul 10, 2015
Name
Bo
Boat
16 Smokercraft
I keep my boat and trailer stored at Skyline, and have them sling launch. They have launch and recovery pretty dialed in, and it never seems too busy. I’m on a bunk trailer with no cutouts, and it’s not an issue.

That being said, Coronet Bay is the nicest launch I’ve ever used. Island County maintains a dock in Coronet, maybe a half mile west of the ramp. You can tie up for ten bucks a night, but the water can get a little skinny at low tide. Oak Harbor marina has the cheapest fuel on the water, by a wide margin, but it’s kind of out of the way.

Upvote 0

StabiCruiser

Feb 26, 2021
Snohomish
Name
Joe
Boat
Stabicraft 2250
Thanks for the advice guys. We ended up using Skyline for this trip, and probably will again in the future. They launched our fully loaded Stabi 2250 with no issues. Bunk trailer without cut outs, and about 4” of over hang. Launch and retrieve + 6 nights of secured truck and trailer parking was just north of $100.

Reactions: The Peddler
Upvote 0

thesaltyhooker

Almost A Member
Oct 25, 2018
Renton
Name
Anders
Boat
North River Seahawk
Thanks for the advice guys. We ended up using Skyline for this trip, and probably will again in the future. They launched our fully loaded Stabi 2250 with no issues. Bunk trailer without cut outs, and about 4” of over hang. Launch and retrieve + 6 nights of secured truck and trailer parking was just north of $100.
good to know..thanks for the update

Reactions: StabiCruiser
Upvote 0