Offshore Can't make Condor tonight so thinking about the Aztec Good Boat or not?

PENN

asabadin

May 11, 2006
glendora
Name
Angelo
Boat
16ft lowe side console tin can
Never fished either the Condor or Aztec with The New moon starting tonight, fishing should be great the next few days. What do you guys think about both these boats?

Upvote 0

pv apollo

Mar 6, 2008
hemet,ca
Name
scott
Boat
23 palm beach, PV APOLLO(sold)
I have been on both and boatwise the Condor weighs 30% more but weather is good so not a factor. I'm not sure if the crew has changed(skipperwise) on the Aztec since I rode it but we made a great effort leaving from Long Beach and did get early albacore 15 plus years ago...I know the Condor will never throw in the towel or sit dead to save fuel.

Upvote 0

bertram31

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 7, 2004
Star Valley
Name
Jack
Boat
Baja outlaw 29 SST
Scott on the Condor and Mike on the Aztec are both very good captains.

Jack

Upvote 0

asabadin

May 11, 2006
glendora
Name
Angelo
Boat
Thanks for the info guys!!! Keep it coming

Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Aztec all day long. Got off the boat this morning and we had 60-80 pound BFT destroying every bait in the water for over an hour. Had actually two different stops on the bigguns and a few others as well as plenty of kelps.

Crew is beyond top notch, just an unreal trip and Captain Mike stops at nothing to catch fish. Galley, crew, boat all awesome, fish the Aztec.

Upvote 0

wakeupnride

Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ethan
Boat
soon i hope!
Both are good boats. The Condor is a big steel vessel that plows through the waves like butter. On the other hand the Aztec is a Seaway plywood hull and are notorious for getting bit and holding the school. Either way, have fun!

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Aztec all day long. Got off the boat this morning and we had 60-80 pound BFT destroying every bait in the water for over an hour. Had actually two different stops on the bigguns and a few others as well as plenty of kelps.

Crew is beyond top notch, just an unreal trip and Captain Mike stops at nothing to catch fish. Galley, crew, boat all awesome, fish the Aztec.

x2
ditto
top notch
go get em!

Upvote 0

asabadin

May 11, 2006
glendora
Name
Angelo
Boat
Thanks for the info guys! Long story short I bit the bullet yesterday, finished my work and tore ass down to SD from LA. I ran into a butt load of traffic, I called fisherman's landing to let them know they said no problem they would wait until 9:30, I even called 3 more times on the way down letting them know my status. Showed up gear in hand at the dock at 9:15 and the boat had left. I knew I was taking a chance when I hit traffic, it was totally last minute, I usually show up an hour prior at least! But damn, it was pretty heart breaking to get to the dock 15 min prior to when they said they would wait only to find out I had to drive back to LA without fishing. Oh well, my fault. Never again...Can't blame them for leaving or excuse my tardiness, but when I give someone my word I honor it. I just thought that was bullshit. Could have saved me an hour of driving by letting me know waiting wasn't an option, I could have turned around and headed home. 1st and last time that will ever happen. Lesson learned all the way around. I am going to see if I can eek out early (on time) and make the Aztec trip tonight.

Upvote 0