Cancun Fishing Charter Recommendation

fisher_hunt

Jul 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Name
James
Boat
Boats n Hoes
I'm heading to Cancun in a couple weeks for a wedding. I have one day free and would like to book a charter boat. Any recommendations for charters? or charters to avoid? Thanks.

Posted Up

A "reel" Bill Collector
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado and So Cal
Name
Ryan Boettcher
Boat
44' Post Sportfish
Vagabundo is right that there isn't a whole heck of a lot there. Its not like Cabo or anything. Cancun proper is pretty dry on charter boats unless you want to catch barracuda all day (yawn). Been there, done that. HOWEVER, Isla Mujeres is a 20 minute ferry ride across and holy smokes man, you are going to be there when the sailfish bite is off the hook! As a matter of fact it will be prime time. It is truly world class and its a bucket list trip for sure. Read the link from Marlin Magazine below. I also included another link to a charter company that looks like they are based out of Cancun. I've only used charter boats out of Isla Mujeres. Good luck and make it happen. Let me know how it goes if you go. We caught and tagged 12 sails and lost another handful the day I went 3 years ago. If you do go (and you really should) you've got to let me know how many you released.

http://www.marlinmag.com/travel/north-america/isla-mujeres-still-hot

http://www.deepseafishingcancun.com/sailfish.html

AKULA683

STS3(SS)
Jun 10, 2008
Tustin/CA/US
Name
Toby
Boat
Sold!
I'm going to a resort south of Cancun at the end of June. Ive been researching and there a charters that go out of Playa Del Carmen. "Fish with Ivan" seems pretty popular.

eversavage

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 6, 2012
CA
Name
C Liv
Boat
n/a
Im going June 3 to 10.... Im in the hotel zone if anyone wants to team up for a shared charter

Calico

Mellowed Like A Fine Wine
May 13, 2005
Mother Earth
Name
Ron
Boat
Yep
I will be in Cancun Oct 7th to the 15th. Have a boat chartered for 6 hours lunch permits beer tackle etc 500.00 for 6 hours for 1 to 8 people. Let me know if anyone is going to be there at the same time. fishing Oct 12