lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
since nobody asked me....

None of the 5-8 day trips that I have been on fished for BFT other than a "drive by" chance.....springtime or otherwise

5-8 day trips are fishing vacations. 2-3 day local trips are not.....unless you are on a 5-8 day size boat. :D

I hope that you have found another boat that fits into your vacation schedule.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
When they were available to us, most of my 5-8 dayers have fished Bluefin. Didn't fish them last year, 10/15-23 on the Penn trip on the Angler as we bombed straight to the Rocks. Fished them on a few Spring 8 day trips and Summer fivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: XL1
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Thank you, but I've got things I've got to do. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to fish with you someday,
russ

Russ, still spoiling those grandkids?

Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
Sep 30, 2005
San Diego
www.onecooltuna.com
Name
Jeff- One Cool Tuna
Boat
1ft, plastic, O.C.T. One CoolTuna
Just had one drop out of our 5 day this weekend on the Vagabond. We are going Sat. 6/6 for 5 days. Will be fishing all over the place.. Join us lot of stuff ,great group, been doing this for 5 years.. OneCoolTuna Charter.. Call the Vagabond office to book or PM me to talk about it..

Upvote 0

SemperFishing

Apr 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Name
Dave
Boat
Prefer Long Range or skiffs (great if combined!)
Been doing this for a while now, if you read old brochures, the spring early summer 7-8 days are the cheapest on the list and have a lower rate of being sold out. These trips anglers don't tend to fish because of the transition season, the Tuna may or may not be there, the wahoo usually are not, etc. I've had some awesome trips on them, but alas, that was also when Guad was still open. Most people who are going to go are going to spend their money and vacation days on hot season trips like the late summer/fall. Anyhoo, plenty of good fishing trips around, jump on another (or shorter) trip.

Upvote 0