Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
None
BIG SHOUT OUT to Terrence at 976tuna. Had a 2 day trip on the Relentless planned for a month. Called this morning to verify it was still a go because of a couple things. #1 we are driving from Lake Havasu City Arizona 5 hours away. #2 there was still 9spots available on a light load trip of 21 anglers. Terrence said yep it was a go. I don't know at what point a trip is canceled because of not enough folks going. I'm sure it varies landing to landing and skipper to skipper. Either way literally as I was getting in my car to head out I got a call from Terrence saying the trip has been canceled because the fish hold refrigeration unit was down. Definitely disappointed but appreciated the call before we left. Here's the kicker, full refund issued within an hour of the cancelation. No hassles, no questions. Thanks. Terrence!
Oh yeah, got a couple of spots on a 1.5 day on the Tribute instead. Leaving tomorrow night. Another boat I haven't fished.
Comments?

Upvote 0

Phil mckracken

Almost A Member
  • Jun 4, 2020
    SoCal
    Name
    Steveooo
    Boat
    None
    Tribute is a great outfit in my opinion. I landed my personal best bluefin with them 2 seasons ago. Can’t wait to fish with them again.
    Buenos suerte and tight lines

Upvote 0

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
    Compton, Ca
    Name
    Ahmad
    Boat
    none
    BIG SHOUT OUT to Terrence at 976tuna. Had a 2 day trip on the Relentless planned for a month. Called this morning to verify it was still a go because of a couple things. #1 we are driving from Lake Havasu City Arizona 5 hours away. #2 there was still 9spots available on a light load trip of 21 anglers. Terrence said yep it was a go. I don't know at what point a trip is canceled because of not enough folks going. I'm sure it varies landing to landing and skipper to skipper. Either way literally as I was getting in my car to head out I got a call from Terrence saying the trip has been canceled because the fish hold refrigeration unit was down. Definitely disappointed but appreciated the call before we left. Here's the kicker, full refund issued within an hour of the cancelation. No hassles, no questions. Thanks. Terrence!
    Oh yeah, got a couple of spots on a 1.5 day on the Tribute instead. Leaving tomorrow night. Another boat I haven't fished.
    Comments?

Upvote 0

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
    Compton, Ca
    Name
    Ahmad
    Boat
    none

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
    Compton, Ca
    Name
    Ahmad
    Boat
    none
    I highly recommend that you look at “Windy” app for the weather conditions. Wednesday is fishy in the morning, but choppy the afternoon.
    good luck , safe driving

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Good move calling and talking to someone rather than rely on email etc

• Haha
    Reactions: dctalk523
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    You'll have fun on the Tribute. Take your 20# and 25# gear as well as bluefin tackle. The odds are good that you will be hitting offshore yellowtail and maybe dorado much more than bluefin.

There are different policies on different boats and landings about cancelling a trip because of a light load. I usually ride the CONDOR out of Fisherman's Landing because if they say "Definitely Go!" then they mean it, and I have seen them run on many occasions with less than a third of the spots booked. Most boats won't go without at least half of the places filled.

Upvote 0

Peteb

newbie my ass
    Nov 30, 2010
    Lake Havasu City, Az
    Name
    Pete
    Boat
    None
    You DEFINITELY upgraded boats! Be very happy
    I'm not sure if it was an upgrade or not as I had never been on either boat. A few observations from our trip. First the boat limited out on YT. Second the crew, captains and cook were all top notch and fun. We limited out by 3 pm, and motored for the next 6 hours looking for tuna to no avail. Almost a full boat, 30/32. Galley seating was very limited, only 12 seats. Tackle storage was also pretty limited. Poor bunk selection on my part also didn't really help with my comfort. I went 4/5 on mainly rat yellows. Everyone went home with 5 fish. My 5 weighed 32 lbs whole fish. You do the math. One might have gone 7-8 lbs. Beats sitting on the couch, but ill do more homework next time.
    One final note, 5 Star picked up fish at the dock 6 am. Was done and ready to go home to Lake Havasu by 9 am. 9lbs net.

Reactions: Abusaade
    Upvote 0