The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat Name
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Where do you stay in Bamfield? Cross from Neah or trailer across the island?

Closed is closed. No crossing, regardless the method. No non-resident fishing licenses either.

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat Name
Otter Craft
I have always thought Trev (who runs No Bananas charters up N.) and I were brothers from other Mothers so maybe I can work that angle lol. After all this shit is over, If you ever want to go with a top notch guide who is truly a great human being as well give Trevor a call and book a spring trip out of Oak Bay or Barkley Sound trip in the Summer.

Upvote 0

OceanSun

Captain
  • Mar 26, 2013
    Snohomish WA
    Name
    Dan Meyer
    Boat Name
    Ocean Dancer 21' Trophy
    Closed is closed. No crossing, regardless the method. No non-resident fishing licenses either.
    Wasn't the point of my question. Understand closed is closed (unless you've got dual citizenship like me). Was just curious where you liked to stay in Bamfield. Unique place - love it there. Been a few years but I used to stay at Woods End Landing every year when I went. Started going into Bamfield back in the mid-90's

Reactions: Wild Bill
    Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat Name
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    Wasn't the point of my question. Understand closed is closed (unless you've got dual citizenship like me). Was just curious where you liked to stay in Bamfield. Unique place - love it there. Been a few years but I used to stay at Woods End Landing every year when I went. Started going into Bamfield back in the mid-90's
    Gotcha, I misunderstood. I thought you were suggesting it was ok to go via water now. You’re asking for when the border is open. Sorry.

Upvote 0
    Sep 4, 2017
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    Name
    Woody
    Boat Name
    Duckworth XL 30
    I don't see them opening up the rest of the year. Why would they? The USA can't get our collective shit together, much less agree on masks... why would Canada want our stupid germs?

We just cancelled our September trip to Tofino.

Upvote 0

Kool-Aid

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 18, 2008
    WA
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    35 Carolina Classic
    I don't see them opening up the rest of the year. Why would they? The USA can't get our collective shit together, much less agree on masks... why would Canada want our stupid germs?

We just cancelled our September trip to Tofino.

was thinking about trying that tournament in Tofino. This sort of seals the deal that there’s too much risk in assuming it’s gonna open up.

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbersPNW
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Florida
    Name
    Good
    Boat Name
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    It’s Canada. Can’t ya just say “sourry” and it’ll be ok?

Upvote 0

BCaddicted

Jul 22, 2012
    United States
    Name
    Wes
    Boat Name
    The Blackhole
    was thinking about trying that tournament in Tofino. This sort of seals the deal that there’s too much risk in assuming it’s gonna open up.
    I am not sure what Tournament you are speaking of? The Saltwater Classic was supposed to be the first weekend in July, but was cancelled. Is there another like the Legion Derby the last week in July?

Reactions: fishing fanatic
    Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
    Jul 27, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Name
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat Name
    255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
    I am not sure what Tournament you are speaking of? The Saltwater Classic was supposed to be the first weekend in July, but was cancelled. Is there another like the Legion Derby the last week in July?
    He’s talking about the big albacore tuna tourney they have up there every year.

Reactions: dragonballs
    Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat Name
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Closed does not mean closed. My Dad's Alberta outfitter is applying for some type of status that allows US residents in to hunt. Claiming his business "relies" on US customers for their livelihood. I would imagine this would extend to charters/resorts as well if they want to apply.....

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    Otter Craft
    Applying for and granted are two different things. I would think if that was really a valid exemption, every fishing charter and lodge up there would have done just that as they rely heavily on US customers. Who knows though maybe has only recently become available. I hope your dad is able to go on his hunt.

Reactions: EJ Swanny
    Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat Name
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    When the snow starts to fall in Calgary the border will open.....
    Those candian snowbirds will be screwed if they cant make it to their palm springs houses.
    We should reciprocally close our border to them!
    1596926749926.png

Upvote 0

kenzmad

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 18, 2011
    kent,wa
    www.jamiesseptic.com
    Name
    jamie
    Boat Name
    nwj 218 lightning
    Those candian snowbirds will be screwed if they cant make it to their palm springs houses.
    We should reciprocally close our border to them!

We have property on Lummi Island. There are MANY vacant homes this summer. All BC residents.

Reactions: marlyn
    Upvote 0

NWfishaman

May 11, 2012
    Bonney Lake
    Name
    Jim
    Boat Name
    24' NR-OS
    Closed does not mean closed. My Dad's Alberta outfitter is applying for some type of status that allows US residents in to hunt. Claiming his business "relies" on US customers for their livelihood. I would imagine this would extend to charters/resorts as well if they want to apply.....

We still haven't cancelled our fall Sask trip, but the folks we rent a farmhouse from have told us the chances are nil from what they're hearing. I think this year would have been our 23rd, a bummer for all.

Upvote 0