Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Just tried to buy an online license...this is what I got:

Important Notice

In order to be consistent with current border closure in effect for COVID-19, DFO will not be issuing recreational licences to non-residents. Licence issuance to non-residents will resume when border closures are lifted.

Notice Posted: Monday April 06, 2020

Whalebreath

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
They should allow people with scheduled and paid resort reservations buy licenses. No day tripers or last minute guys. Win win for resorts and fisherman, and reduces the number of people coming into the country.
Too much death & disease in the USA to open the border-hard words but true-see you next year maybe.

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Too much death & disease in the USA to open the border-hard words but true-see you next year maybe.
Guess I don't see the logic if they open the boarders but won't allow fishing.. guess time will tell. I sure hope this doesn't become political like it has in WA where it's being used to take away opportunity. I know allot of guys to the north are tired of us non Canadians making a dent in the northern resources.

Wonder how long destination resort's can stay afloat without the income from south of the border customers.

Whalebreath

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
Wonder how long destination resort's can stay afloat without the income from south of the border customers.
That's the $4,000,000 question- those operations are going to need seriously deep pockets to stay closed for a year with no revenue.