Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
AS I HAVE GOTTEN OLDER MY FEET HAVE GOTTEN AS WIDE AS A MACK TRUCK. ANYONE KNOW OF A MAKER OF EXTRA WIDE BOOTS? AS OF THIS TIME THE ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND THAT I CAN WEAR ARE THE KEEN'S H2O SANDLES. THE PROBLEM WITH THEM IS THE CONSTANT WET AND COLD FEET. IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHAT DO YOU WEAR?

NO CAL LOU

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    I wear support socks with my Keens. Sink wash the socks and use a second pair while they dry. No tiger stripes on the feet.

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    I just wear flip flops or my keens with out socks if there are wahoo around……..sometimes I will wear my la cross boots but not very often..i don't mind wet feet.

Upvote 0

JTNailen

Oct 29, 2008
    Los Osos Ca
    Name
    Jim Nailen
    Boat
    Seeker - 25' davis Bahia
    u need to try "muck boots" they are super soft and great for fat feet

I usually wear a 11-12 so I buy a 14 muck and it works great for 18 day lr trips and daily com fishing where you need boots 15 hours a day

Upvote 0

REK

Oct 21, 2006
    Oasis
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    rowboat
    Might be worth a try at least....pull on three/four pairs of socks. Squeeze on the boots and walk around in a tub of hot water. Reshapes the boots. So what I've been told. Xtra tuffs in mind here.

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
    Dec 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Name
    Jerry
    Boat
    Spirit of Adventure
    AS I HAVE GOTTEN OLDER MY FEET HAVE GOTTEN AS WIDE AS A MACK TRUCK. ANYONE KNOW OF A MAKER OF EXTRA WIDE BOOTS? AS OF THIS TIME THE ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND THAT I CAN WEAR ARE THE KEEN'S H2O SANDLES. THE PROBLEM WITH THEM IS THE CONSTANT WET AND COLD FEET. IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHAT DO YOU WEAR?

NO CAL LOU
    I too have wide feet, and ended up buying 4E, closed toe sandals. They're treated leather, but ever 2 years I put 3 coats of mink oil on the leather to keep them soft. Do a Google search for 4E men's sandals.

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
    Oceanside Ca.
    Name
    Mike Morris
    Boat
    prowler kayak
    No Cal I also have a 4E foot I wear the Gill short boot It is the widest of all the boots I've tried the shimano boot is wider than some tried them on at fred hall they actually felt pretty good the brown color don't know if color makes a difference fishermans landing has gill or try west marine try a pair they might work cost about 80 buck made in china so they last about 2 seasons I have been told lthat tuff boot makes a wide boot special order but haven't look into it from their web site good luck hope this helps

Upvote 0

bypass

Apr 2, 2014
    Name
    Andy
    Boat
    klamath 19GTX
    The suggestion about muck boots are good. I found the muck boots at Walmarts and are brown in color. I wear them on 2 day trips and have had no problem. their cost is around $25.00. they are actually called stock boots. good luck

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    I love fishing in my Keens on long range trips as opposed to the heaviness of boots and don't mind getting my feet wet in the process. However my roomie called me aside on my current 15 day after three days of fishing to advise me I needed to wash my new Keens that I had just acquired because they were stinking up the stateroom considerably. Not wishing to be the roommate from hell I complied immediately and placed them on the upper deck to dry. I then switched to tennis shoes as it became apparent that after a couple of days of fishing in Keens they need to be washed to avoid this and retired them for walking around the boat in dryer conditions. Maybe rubber bootie socks could solve this problem in the future and may pick up a pair at a dive shop for future.

Just get a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water and spray on your sandals let sit for 15 minutes and rinse oder will be gone works for stinky boots and flip flops too...

Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0

Sactotuna

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 20, 2005
    sacramento
    Name
    jim
    Boat
    Royal Star
    Just get a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water and spray on your sandals let sit for 15 minutes and rinse oder will be gone works for stinky boots and flip flops too...

Or, you can do what I do, just wear them in the shower every night. Never had a problem thru 16 days. Just do it every day.

Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
    Feb 28, 2004
    Sabre Springs
    Name
    Tom McKinney
    Boat
    Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
    I was going to suggest waterproof socks and keens or other strap sandals, or try some rubber hunting boots, somebody should make a wide. Muck brand seems o be exactly that. Online should be easy find your size

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    I would investigate makers of industrial rubber boots. There are a lot of people out there with big wide feet that require boots.

There is a pair out there, you just need to find them. SOrry, that is all I can add.

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    I FOUND SOME MUCK BOOTS. I DID NOT REALIZED THAT A PAIR OF RUBBER BOOTS COULD BE SO COMFORTABLE. WIDE WITH LOTS OF SUPPORT. THE NEOPRENE TOPS MAKES THEM VERY EASY TO FOLD DOWN IF NEEDED. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR ANY ANGLER. I THANK ALL THAT REPLYED TO THIS POSTING.

NO CAL LOU

Upvote 0