jjpilav
Mar 28, 2013
Encino, CA
Name
Pilav
Boat
No Boat
Hey Guys,

I have a Calstar GFDH 850h and a WCDH 220C... Both of these are 8.5 foot, deckhand style rods. I like having a reel seat more than having my rod in a deckhand style, but I don't know if it is possible to put one onto these 2 rods? Can these rods accomodate reel seats? If so, how would i go about putting some on?

Thanks
-Aren

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
You certainly can, it will be larger version of what you would normally use so it might look a little funky since you have to put one large enough to be mounted from the butt end. Normally you would use cork tape for the front and rear grip either by itself or with x-wrap over that. And since the seat is bigger you might have to add another layer of cork tape to make it look right.

Upvote 0

fishdad1956

Jul 30, 2013
valencia
Name
al
Boat
meal money
Hey
Your not far from Bob Sands Tackle shop in van nuys
Bring your two rods over and let Sal(the owner) quote you a price
All my jig sticks have reel seats.
Tell Sal hey from Al at ricebowl charters

Upvote 0

arenpilav41

jjpilav
Mar 28, 2013
Encino, CA
Name
Pilav
Boat
No Boat
Hey
Your not far from Bob Sands Tackle shop in van nuys
Bring your two rods over and let Sal(the owner) quote you a price
All my jig sticks have reel seats.
Tell Sal hey from Al at ricebowl charters
Al,
I come into the shop all the time. That was my next option, after getting some answers from BD. Will bring'em in end of the week, maybe thursday or friday.
Best
-Aren

Upvote 0

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Go To Savon Tackle in Santa fe Springs. They have a new lathe for removing cork or hypalon or whatever. Both of yor rods have a butt section thin enough to slide on a new reel seat. Then you or they can wrap on a new winn grip butt section or entire grip.

Upvote 0

JTrelikes

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    Baller said it...........regardless, the reel seat will be a size or two larger going over the ass end of the rod. It'll look big on there, but it'll work.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Get a Fuji plate seat! I attach them with epoxy over thread, just like a guide. Easy and quick, I'd give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Mr. Sunshine

Jul 6, 2008
    OC, CA
    Name
    Barry
    Boat
    none
    If you are just wanting more stability, consider trying a Cork Puppy reel clamp on it. They distribute the pressure and let you torque them down w/o damaging the rod. Charkbait carries them.

Upvote 0