Can a diver gift his lobster limit to a non diver, and dive again for a limit on the same trip

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
If one diver gets his limit and returns to the boat. Can that diver gift his limit to the non diver and return to the water for another limit?

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
Sure he can, ....If he has lots of money to pay for the poaching fines, read the regs under personal limits, don't even discuss the boat limit thing....it should be abolished.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Sure he can, ....If he has lots of money to pay for the poaching fines, read the regs under personal limits, don't even discuss the boat limit thing....it should be abolished.
I've read the regs. I know the law.
Just trying to settle a stupid question that was put up.
That's why I put it on the DFG forum.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
I've read the regs. I know the law.
Just trying to settle a stupid question that was put up.
That's why I put it on the DFG forum.
OK well this should sum it up for ya:"

What is the daily bag limit for lobster? The possession limit?

According to CCR T14, Section 29.90(b), the daily recreational bag limit is seven lobsters per person. Additionally, Section 1.17 states that no more than one daily bag limit may be taken or possessed by any one person unless otherwise authorized (see Declaration for Multi-Day Fishing Trip, Section 27.15 T14, CCR), regardless of whether they are fresh, frozen or otherwise preserved. This means that if you have a limit of seven lobsters at home, you cannot go out and get more lobsters until the first limit is disposed of in some way (eaten, given away, etc)

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Daily limit is a Daily Limit.

Then theres a possession limit...not sure what that is for lobster

Edit....there it is above daily equal possession for lobster.

Most people care not to remember the possession limit.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
OK well this should sum it up for ya:"

What is the daily bag limit for lobster? The possession limit?

According to CCR T14, Section 29.90(b), the daily recreational bag limit is seven lobsters per person. Additionally, Section 1.17 states that no more than one daily bag limit may be taken or possessed by any one person unless otherwise authorized (see Declaration for Multi-Day Fishing Trip, Section 27.15 T14, CCR), regardless of whether they are fresh, frozen or otherwise preserved. This means that if you have a limit of seven lobsters at home, you cannot go out and get more lobsters until the first limit is disposed of in some way (eaten, given away, etc)
I get it.
You might want to join the conversation in the thread.
https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/iso-reliable-diver-to-dive-for-some-bugs.711362/

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Talk to a CDFW officer today at the Fred Hall show.
Definitive answer is...
Fuck no! A diver can only get a limit of 7 bugs per day.
No fucking eating your fill on the boat. And the go back down and fill out your limit.
7 per day.

Reactions: T.O.T.W.