kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
been wanting to get the kids out for some camping. looking for ideas of unique outdoor experiences. not interested in man made tourist stuff, like the natural stuff thats off the beaten path. wanna plant some memories in my kids minds. as a example if going to the grand canyon, i'd choose HAVASUPAI FALLS over skywalk anyday.
have truck and trailer (toyhauler) dirt bikes, kayaks,etc. thank's in advance!!! cant wait to hear of some new ideas!!

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
June Lake loop... One of my favorite places to take my family.
we camped at june lake when i was a kid, i remember a short walk to the lake, a large rock pile in the middle of the campground, and watching bears crack open coolers like nuts. i'd love to find that place. any idea where i'm talking about?

Reactions: tmitch760

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Reactions: Tim1962

bent rod todd

Ling cod killa
Jun 5, 2011
Auburn,ca
Name
Todd
Boat
Skipjack 20 open (Ding A Ling) 14ft mirrocraft ( Lil Ding A Ling)
Gurley creek , nice secluded little lake , lots of hiking fishing and the Rubicon trail is close. Also there are multiple other lakes in the area

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Salvation mountain as a day trip, but camp in Glamis

78285_10150107328026449_1363166_o.jpg

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Between Mammoth and June off in the trees! Awesome for dirt bikes, fishing, and breathing! An hour from yosemite!

20882702_10155618217991449_8837649775147554876_n.jpg 599627_10151152008581449_1573461068_n.jpg

Reactions: onehottip

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat

Kwohlers8

Anchor Point
Dec 1, 2012
Fortuna CA
Name
Kris
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman "Anchor Point"
Not sure how far you’re looking at going, but southern Utah offers a lot. We’ve spent some time at Sand Hollow State Park. Lake on one side, sand dunes, rocks and trails for miles. You can rent rzr’s about a mile down the road... and then drive them down the road to different trails... your dirt bikes or quads too...without going to jail. Zion is just down the road for some awesome hiking.

Reactions: kbray001

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
this is my style. can you elaborate as to where this is?
It is BLM land out there so camping is free so long as you are a mile I think from an established campground. I personally love camping off "SCENIC LOOP ROAD" but there are a lot of dirt roads and spots check out google earth.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
we camped at june lake when i was a kid, i remember a short walk to the lake, a large rock pile in the middle of the campground, and watching bears crack open coolers like nuts. i'd love to find that place. any idea where i'm talking about?
There is a campground right on June lake. I drive through it to launch my yac from the public beach

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Kinda hard to get the toy hauler there no? :D
we have stayed on the boat on many occasions in the past, multi-day trips, but kids are getting big and my boat hasn't grown at all. its getting to be a bit cramped with the 4 of us.

Kwohlers8

Anchor Point
Dec 1, 2012
Fortuna CA
Name
Kris
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman "Anchor Point"
we have stayed on the boat on many occasions in the past, multi-day trips, but kids are getting big and my boat hasn't grown at all. its getting to be a bit cramped with the 4 of us.
Sounds like the perfect reason to go boat shopping.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat

alexalex

Dec 13, 2017
Uk
Name
Alex
Boat
Boyar
Good on you for wanting to get out of your comfort zone! I am going to Scotland in April on my own, doing a road trip. Bear in mind it still can be cold in April, so consider getting winter level sleeping bags and down jacket to spend the evenings camping. More tips on camping by link

Kesepton

Aug 18, 2010
San Diego
If you've got all that equipment and want to do a multi sport trip....
Salton sea and the canals. Lots of fish in the canals running to the farms, shooting and riding in the desert and plenty of camping locations. May be hot this time of year but if you time it with the moon, you can enjoy the nights.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
If you've got all that equipment and want to do a multi sport trip....
Salton sea and the canals. Lots of fish in the canals running to the farms, shooting and riding in the desert and plenty of camping locations. May be hot this time of year but if you time it with the moon, you can enjoy the nights.
may be hot????? Likely life threatening is more like it..RVs cook at 105.

LoraMoser

Feb 18, 2020
USA
Name
Lora
Boat
No
My son’s first trip was at 6 years old and we went 4 or 5 days entering at Mudro (EP 23) and heading up to Lower Basswood Falls. We covered some good distance with about 8 portages in and another 8 on the way out. He performed admirably, carrying a backpack and a paddle on the portages. He has since been on one other 7 day trip down the Stuart River (EP 19) and up to Iron Lake. He tackled a 460 and 320 rod portage on this trip and I’m now convinced that he can handle almost anything now. He’s 8 now and we’re planning an 8 day 50+ mile trip for June.

I took my daughter on her first trip at 4 entering via the Snake River (EP 84), just a three day, two night weekend trip with 4 portages to get to our base camp at Bald Eagle. She rocked it and carried a small backpack on the portages.

I think the key is to make sure that you’re tuned in to the kids because the only goal you should have for them is having fun. If they have fun, they’ll want to go back. So, when they get tired or just feel like stopping, set up camp and chill. Don’t set a rock solid itinerary, let the kids choose a campsite, fly by the seat of your pants. They’ll have more fun and you probably will too. Last bit of advice I’d give is to give them some responsibility. Age appropriate of course, but a kid is never too young to roll out sleeping bags/pads, pump water through the filter, or gather dead branches for a fire. Of course, I have a plan. I plan on adding things for my kids to do each year so that hopefully when they’re teenagers, I can chill on the shore with my rod and reel while my kids set up camp. I just hope they never read this...