Saba Slayer

Saba Slayer
Oct 19, 2004
Palos Verdes
Name
Jim Salazar
Boat
18' Welcraft CC, Hobie PA 14 and Hobie Outback
Anyone that’s been launching in Redondo at the hand launch dock in the last month or so has probably had to deal with the kayak or inflatable that was chained up on the dock...you may have seen the floats from this same poacher in the harbor...I’d had enough of this fool today, so I pulled up one of his floats and found this trap...
I called CALTIP and talked to a lady in Sacramento and reported the poaching to her...
I didn’t think I get such a quick response from our local Warden Lyford...he called within about 2 hours...he’s been trying to catch this guy for a while so he was happy to have some fresh info and a photo and a license number for the poachers vehicle...
About 6pm this evening I got a follow up call from the Redondo Harbor Patrol thanking me for helping them apprehend this Bozo...the DFW wrote him a few citations and confiscated his boat...

On a side note...
The Redondo music festival has taken up most of the parking lot and launching is a PITA...so my advice is to stay away till next Wednesday or Thursday once they’ve wrapped up all the tents and stages and fencing.
CC7084FD-F6D1-46F6-BE78-35069D07D5AA.jpg

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
That is gratifying, and would make for a great episode of the California equivalent of Texas Rangers (or whatever they call it -- the show about Texas game wardens doing their thing). Unfortunately, I don't think California has any such show. Too politically incorrect. The problem with the Texas version is that no one ever runs from the game wardens. Boy do I miss the old Cops episodes. We used to watch it as a drinking game. Whenever someone tries to run, you gotta drink. If they get caught with drugs in their pocket and deny that its their drugs, drink again. If they deny that its their pants that they are wearing, drink again. No end of entertainment value. Ahh, the gold old days.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
That is gratifying, and would make for a great episode of the California equivalent of Texas Rangers (or whatever they call it -- the show about Texas game wardens doing their thing). Unfortunately, I don't think California has any such show. Too politically incorrect. The problem with the Texas version is that no one ever runs from the game wardens. Boy do I miss the old Cops episodes. We used to watch it as a drinking game. Whenever someone tries to run, you gotta drink. If they get caught with drugs in their pocket and deny that its their drugs, drink again. If they deny that its their pants that they are wearing, drink again. No end of entertainment value. Ahh, the gold old days.
It was called “wild justice”

Last edited:
Reactions: Supa711
Supa711
Supa711
Had these guys run up on a buddy and I fishing one night in Newport Beach. 3 white vans came hauling ass up behind us, no headlights and slid to a stop - lit up camera crews and 2 wardens came pouring out. Checked our papers and signed footage release waivers and took off. Not sure if the footage ever aired but it was a pretty intense approach lol.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0