Calstar Shirt Girl

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
So, I'm out for a walk...somewhere in Oregon, and I see this young lady skating.....with a Calstar shirt! What are the odds of that?

Where did she get that shirt? Could it be....me?

20210617_184634.jpg

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    So, I'm out for a walk...somewhere in Oregon, and I see this young lady skating.....with a Calstar shirt! What are the odds of that?

View attachment 1291352
    An omen, to get another Calstar?

Reactions: effigy
    Upvote 0

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Which one? Too many....
    Well at least you didn’t snap a creeper pic of her while she wasn’t looking.....haha
    I learned a long time ago to ask permission to take her photo, and especially what I can /can't post. This one was properly "vetted" :-)

It's that whole....control of social media presence thing

She kinda had to agree on this one. Not only did she steal the shirt from me, she cut off the bottom, so I couldn't wear it again!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    I dunno Larry...I'm not that good of a rod wrapper....compared to all the gurus over on the rod building forum. But for you, maybe I will post a pic. Just be gentle 😆
    I am in the same boat, some of these SoCal builders are by far are the best I have ever seen. But be proud of any of your build's, because you built it. Be empowered!

Reactions: effigy
    Upvote 0

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Which one? Too many....
    I am in the same boat, some of these SoCal builders are by far are the best I have ever seen. But be proud of any of your build's, because you built it. Be empowered!
    Agreed! I like to say that I build the "Ford F150" models.....functional, but not fancy. They do the work they are supposed to do. I do want to get better at thread art; that's for next winter.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none

View attachment 1291352
    That area doesn't look all burned out like the Greenway down here in Medford/Jackson county.
    Must be someplace that escaped last years fire season.

Upvote 0

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Which one? Too many....
    That area doesn't look all burned out like the Greenway down here in Medford/Jackson county.
    Must be someplace that escaped last years fire season.
    Our neighborhood is wooded, but inside city limits. We border Oregon State U property. I do get nervous every fire season. We just had an evacuation drill yesterday.

edit: I just realized you were referring to the location of the skating photo. It's a park on the edge of our neighborhood. We've been fortunate here in town so far. But I fear it's only a matter of time before we get hit close to the city. What happened down your way, in Talent, was horrific.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ratshirt
    Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    Our neighborhood is wooded, but inside city limits. We border Oregon State U property. I do get nervous every fire season. We just had an evacuation drill yesterday.
    Area less than 10 miles from me already has a fire going. Gold Hill
    Going to be a busy season.

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    Been wanting to get my hands on a few black Calstar shirts for a while. Gardena is a ways away for a t shirt...:(

Upvote 0