Call Me An Optimist, But.....

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
Mark might have the mojo to affect weather/sea conditions on a global scale, but not yours truly. Maybe the mods can block him from posting to this thread? :D

Reactions: MarkFromSea

blackelk

Wishing I was Tuna fishing
Sep 11, 2010
Montesano, Wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Osprey and 16' hewscraft jet sled
I think mark has been giving so much crap about weather you don't see him posting much anymore.

Reactions: MarkFromSea

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Tom!! Why don't you get that bad boy out for Hali? My slip was next to the Carolina rig like yours last weekend in Neah. Is a classy boat!

Badfish Pat

Average size "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
Seattle, Wa, USA
Name
Patrick
Boat
26' Boston Whaler Outrage "PAC-MAN"
If the guys at all rivers hook up on Friday, who's going out saturday?

I will be looking to fill 3 open seats!!

Reactions: Glad Wrap

oldschool 1

Night Watchman .
Jun 13, 2011
Aberdeen wa
Name
Andy
Boat
Oldschool 2
:rofl:Kinda early don't ya think o_O

MarkFromSea

Piscatologist
Jun 10, 2012
Name
Mark
Boat
"Solo"
We did spot a very large sunfish while out halibut fishing over a week ago. Maybe he was just lost.

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
I'm on the trip with Mark Friday. It beats the la Push/Neah saga, and hell, we might even get one!!!!!!

tambs

Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
Tom!! Why don't you get that bad boy out for Hali? My slip was next to the Carolina rig like yours last weekend in Neah. Is a classy boat!

Thanks Chris. I'd really like to get over for some butts, and I used to hit Sekiu on a regular basis but since I started to fish the darkside a few years ago I sort of curtailed some of the other extraneous and inconsequential fishing trips like hali and lings. And salmon. And sturgeon. And steelies. And.... you get the picture.

Seriously though, living 350 miles from the salt with a finite number of vacation days I have to prioritize my trips. I'd love to get over there more, but the distance puts a bit of a strain on the wallet and the vacation time.

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
looking forward to seeing what mark brings in Friday. When I was out 41 miles for butts the water sure was blue, not BLUE BLUE but blue, its coming. Its going to be salmon and tuna combos this year, EARLY. I'm just the new guy, but I get it, and its feakin' coming.

blackelk

Wishing I was Tuna fishing
Sep 11, 2010
Montesano, Wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Osprey and 16' hewscraft jet sled
Seriously though, living 350 miles from the salt with a finite number of vacation days I have to prioritize my trips. I'd love to get over there more, but the distance puts a bit of a strain on the wallet and the vacation time.
Wow. I bitch about 2-3 tanks of gas in my truck round trip towing my boat from Montesano to neah bay or sekiu and back. Guess I am spoiled being so close to Westport. I couldn't imagine towing my boat to try cities or spokane to fish then towing it back.

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
I will let ya know what I find Tuesday

Spokaloo

Oct 30, 2008
Spokane, Wa
www.stagboatworks.com
Name
Eric
Boat
I build my own
Seriously though, living 350 miles from the salt with a finite number of vacation days I have to prioritize my trips.
Holy shit Tom, which way are you going?!?

395 door to dock for me, and you're 120 miles SW of me.

However you make a good point, I could drive to your place, toss my gear in the boat, and we both save some cash getting to the beach...

E

tambs

Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat

I use that once the fish arrive along with Coastwatch and the buoy reports. Used Terrafin for two years, but after figuring out the learning curve on Coastwatch I've found that it is just as informative. Since Coastwatch is free, it is a no brainer. No one should use one source when multiple options are available for free, or close to it. I've nothing against Terrafin, it just saves me $90 by using other sources. Never used Ripcharts, but I've not met anyone who's used it that didn't have good things to say about it.

tambs

Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
Holy shit Tom, which way are you going?!?

395 door to dock for me, and you're 120 miles SW of me.

However you make a good point, I could drive to your place, toss my gear in the boat, and we both save some cash getting to the beach...

E

I always thought it was more south than west, and we both steer pretty much 270 or a bit shy to make it to the salt. It's probably a bit less than 350 for me, but not by much. I head down 84 to Portland, then over to Vancouver, jump off I5 at Longview and take 30 to Astoria, across the Megler-Astoria bridge, then through Chinook to Ilwaco. Westport from my doorstep is nearly the identical distance, but I take 82 to 90, over 18 to I5, then down to Oly before heading west to Aberdeen and finally Westport. There might be better ways to go, but I'm not fond of taking 12 over White Pass with the boat. Way too much 2-lane even though it might be a bit shorter.

I've been looking at tide tables, and this week I'll pick the dates I plan on heading over. I'll PM you with those dates Eric. You're more than welcome on any trip that I won't have a full boat on (which at this point I don't have any dates with a full crew).

Spokaloo

Oct 30, 2008
Spokane, Wa
www.stagboatworks.com
Name
Eric
Boat
I build my own
Sounds good. And if you get bored in the next two weeks, the pike are biting up here. A few in the 2-3 foot range have been plucked lately, I'm gonna go have a sniff this evening for them again.

E

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
Offshore weather turned pretty bad today based on buoy data, doubt they went or got out to check it out.

WD.

Has anyone heard if All Rivers found and TUNA today?