Soulakala

Almost A Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ocean Park, Wa
Name
Chuck
Boat
Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
This is great stupid idea in order to raise mass amounts of money Business News is reporting this proposal

"Lawmakers this year had considered raising the state’s top personal income tax rate to 16.8%, but it did not pass. California also did not move forward on legislation that would have created a first-in-the-nation wealth tax that included a feature to tax former residents for 10 years after they left the Golden State. California has a well-earned reputation for aggressively pursuing former residents for taxes the state thinks it is owed, a point Bloomberg Wealth highlighted in a report Thursday".

The money will go towards the homeless problem. I like this part of it as California will need to change their state flag from a Bear to a homeless tent. With more services and handouts maybe it will become the homeless magnet for the country. Although the bill only impacts those making a one million or more its just a simple change to lower that each year for more revenue to pay for the expansion this program will need. I know it didn't pass but if they keep bringing it up you know what will eventually pass.

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
No, Gruesome Newsome will just executive order it to law, fuck due process and voting

Reactions: plj46 and marlyn
Upvote 0

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
The more assistance homeless people get, the more homeless there will be. That’s been proven over the last few years where liberal cities bow down to homeless advocates. It’s actually very simple. You need to criminalize certain aspects of being homeless. Make it more uncomfortable for them to live on the street.

Want proof. Go look at Venice Bl, where the 405 fwy crosses over. On the north side of Venice Bl, is LA City and is completely over run with homeless, where multiple shootings have occurred, along with blatant public drug use. LA panders to the liberals.

On the south side of Venice Bl is Culver City limits. There absolutely no homeless on that side of the street. Why? Because Culver City knows that they can’t allow homeless people to take over their city and enforce laws that make homeless people uncomfortable and not want to be there.

Keep voting liberal and it’s coming to your neighborhood sooner than later.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Addicts learn that they can make money by referring other addicts to rehabs in California.

Obamacare made it easy for recent arrivals to California to sign on for insurance.

No medical degree is needed to operate a rehab in California. Patient recruiters lure people from other states to undergo treatment here in California, with a finders fee going to the the addict referring the new patient.

With no guarantee of a decent job after finishing treatment, many go right back to abusing their drug(s) of choice after "graduation".

They often end up being victimized over and over, and turning to drugs/booze as a coping mechanism is all they feel they have left.

Enter the rehab recruiters. If you encourage another person to sign up as a new patient you might realize a 10% payday.

10% of $30,000.oo is a LOT of money to a user with no alternative source of income and a monkey on your back.

This is just one, of many, reasons why there are so many homeless in So Cal these days.

If you are gonna be homeless in the USA, Southern California is at the top of the list for comfortable locales.

Upvote 0

Soulakala

Almost A Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ocean Park, Wa
Name
Chuck
Boat
Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
Addicts learn that they can make money by referring other addicts to rehabs in California.

Obamacare made it easy for recent arrivals to California to sign on for insurance.

No medical degree is needed to operate a rehab in California. Patient recruiters lure people from other states to undergo treatment here in California, with a finders fee going to the the addict referring the new patient.

With no guarantee of a decent job after finishing treatment, many go right back to abusing their drug(s) of choice after "graduation".

They often end up being victimized over and over, and turning to drugs/booze as a coping mechanism is all they feel they have left.

Enter the rehab recruiters. If you encourage another person to sign up as a new patient you might realize a 10% payday.

10% of $30,000.oo is a LOT of money to a user with no alternative source of income and a monkey on your back.

This is just one, of many, reasons why there are so many homeless in So Cal these days.

If you are gonna be homeless in the USA, Southern California is at the top of the list for comfortable locales.
The homeless problem is a money maker for community groups, rehab programs and provides a platform in politics. No body wants to solve the homeless problem completely as it would impact all those money programs. But I do like one state like California being in the lead offering the best money can buy for homeless it helps move that population to a central location. I just hope the liberal do good folks in Seattle don't take this as an example of where to head.

Reactions: BluefinCurly
Upvote 0

stella marina

• Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    me tooo!!!!
    I miss the ocean, but I know where to find it!
    the 3300 sqft. home I bought, is quite an upgrade from my 970 sqft 3/4 of a million dollar house.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    me tooo!!!!
    I miss the ocean, but I know where to find it!
    the 3300 sqft. home I bought, is quite an upgrade from my 970 sqft 3/4 of a million dollar house.
    there is A good chance that it might Rain on
    Monday, if it does then I will be able to see how many homeless live around
    my area , because they will have to come out of the Storm drain,
    or get A bath. they have been like flies on shit ,
    lately .

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    there is A good chance that it might Rain on
    Monday, if it does then I will be able to see how many homeless live around
    my area , because they will have to come out of the Storm drain,
    or get A bath. they have been like flies on shit ,
    lately .
    what would be Great ,would be America first ,
    where only U .S Citizens could get the Vaccine in the U. S

Reactions: Avery Gilleland
    Upvote 0

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
    Jun 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    no
    The more assistance homeless people get, the more homeless there will be. That’s been proven over the last few years where liberal cities bow down to homeless advocates. It’s actually very simple. You need to criminalize certain aspects of being homeless. Make it more uncomfortable for them to live on the street.

Want proof. Go look at Venice Bl, where the 405 fwy crosses over. On the north side of Venice Bl, is LA City and is completely over run with homeless, where multiple shootings have occurred, along with blatant public drug use. LA panders to the liberals.

On the south side of Venice Bl is Culver City limits. There absolutely no homeless on that side of the street. Why? Because Culver City knows that they can’t allow homeless people to take over their city and enforce laws that make homeless people uncomfortable and not want to be there.

Yeah the local parks and any open median spaces in LA look like tent cities or encampments. I went to one recently to see if there were still green bass in there and on one bank there are so many tents..right up to the bank..impossible to fish. Even saw a lady get out of her tent...go to a little vegetable garden area she penned off right by her tent..then tend to her tomato plants growing..I shit you not. Millions of dollars have been thrown to try to solve the problem but it has only "grown" the population not diminished it.

Upvote 0

J Woodman

I know nothing
    Dec 8, 2006
    Ventura
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    15' Gregor "Silver Bullet", Parker 2310 "Deep Color"
    Saying what the money will be used for is just a way to sell the new tax so it "feels good". They said that the lottery was going to fund schools but just a year or 2 before they changed the rules and all tax money goes into the general fund and nothing is earmarked for any special interest or particular project. It is just more money for the legislators to wantonly spend on unnecessary things and not fix things already in place. Remember the recent gas tax increase and 1 year prior the increase in DMV fees was going to fix the roads. Surprise, didn't happen!

Reactions: BluefinCurly

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    How could it even be legal to retroactively tax somebody that already legally paid their taxes in California ? I'm thinking those that would qualify for that tax have enough money to fight that in court.I think they'd win also.

Reactions: Pacific Jigger
    Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    It`s gotten out of hand to say the least along with the money grab from our elected officals, it never ends , some politician trying how to fuck us out of more money never ends , it`s a bunch of shit we the people means nothing anymore they are always one step ahead of us , you would think they would take care of the people who are the money source instead of the druggies and Leaches who Contribute nothing , they need to make open season on the homeless and quit taking our hard earned money , just my 2 cents worth Merry Christmas

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    If the State can tax you at 16% for 10 years after you leave the state why not 20% or 25% for the rest of your life. Just another attempt by crooked politicians to rob the hardworking taxpayers and they wonder why all the decent people are leaving the state. It will never stand up in court but that has never stopped the Sacramento politicians.

Upvote 0

stella marina

• Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    I love no more state income tax!
    I'm 30 mins from California, and I made sure to buy my lifetime state fishing license before I moved!

Upvote 0

Mickdick

• Nov 9, 2014
    Thousand Oaks
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Parker 2310

While I agree that L.A. panders to liberals, saying the south side has no homeless is a downright lie. I drive through there every day and both sides are shit. The north side that had the temp fence for awhile is worse but please stop with that bullshit! This state is fucked up all over, no matter which county it is.

Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    Saying what the money will be used for is just a way to sell the new tax so it "feels good". They said that the lottery was going to fund schools but just a year or 2 before they changed the rules and all tax money goes into the general fund and nothing is earmarked for any special interest or particular project. It is just more money for the legislators to wantonly spend on unnecessary things and not fix things already in place. Remember the recent gas tax increase and 1 year prior the increase in DMV fees was going to fix the roads. Surprise, didn't happen!
    We had a chance to repeal that gas and DMV tax The State imposed on us.
    Voters were too stupid to make sense of the misleading proposition title and fell hook, line, and sinker for the bullshit commercials State funded propaganda.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the latest State money grab.
    Every company with a hundred or more employees must take 5% of every employee's gross pay, and give it to The State.

It is not a voluntary contribution.

The money is allegedly a retirement fund which The State will "manage". The employee has no say in how it is managed, and no recourse if it is managed away to nothing.

Employee can opt out... the stupid ones can even have more "invested", should they choose to.
    Opting out is not permanent though.
    Employees must remember to opt out again every two years, or the garnishment activates automatically.

Last edited:
    Reactions: marlyn and plj46
    Upvote 0

Soulakala

Almost A Member
    Oct 23, 2019
    Ocean Park, Wa
    Name
    Chuck
    Boat
    Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Remember the folks all across the country that vote YES on this shit are mostly either the let me feel good about helping or those with their handout looking for more handout help. You know the ones standing on the street corner with a $500 cell phone in their hand and $10 a pack of cigarettes, riding their $400 bicycle. The average working family is not voting for this and likely never will. I don't mind writing a check to our local food banks but having the Government take that same amount from my income and I'll be pissed off.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    I have lived in California all my life.......66 years......and lately I have watched it circle down the toilet. Just how did this happen? It is not hard to figure out. And to think I was stupid enough to think elected officials were there to help the people.....silly me.
    They are here to help some people.By taking from those that don't need help.

Upvote 0

Excaliber

Oct 12, 2006
    Meridian, ID.
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    sold
    I'm so glad to have left the shithole quite a while ago. I grew up in SD and there was no place else I would have rather lived or grew up in.
    In the 70-late 80's there was nowhere better. Now look at it.

I still have family there and when I come to visit I can't wait to get out of there.
    The only thing I miss is the ocean. There are quite a few people leaving there. Some of them are my neighbors.

Reactions: Avery Gilleland
    Upvote 0

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat
    While I agree that L.A. panders to liberals, saying the south side has no homeless is a downright lie. I drive through there every day and both sides are shit. The north side that had the temp fence for awhile is worse but please stop with that bullshit! This state is fucked up all over, no matter which county it is.

Pay attention to the very end of the video. This is the exact location I talked about. Has it changed since Covid 19, maybe, officer are keeping their distance from these homeless and I don’t blame them.

Upvote 0