greatbasin

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 22, 2007
Idaho
Name
Greg
Boat
Knot Yet
I didn't feel well on the 4th, and tested positive on the 7th. and I have come to a new realization about this virus. Simply put, even if they take all our freedoms away, and try to impose ICU type restrictions on everybody indoors and outside, it will make no difference in the long run.
Eventually, every man woman and child will be get it and it will run its course across the planet.
After all, how many of you can name a single person who has never had a cold or flu in their lifetime?...it's just not realistic and that is exactly what this virus is, it's quite simple really.
So it's coming, how are you going to react? I'm going to live my life normally, hold my elected leaders accountable whenever I can, and enjoy every day that's given to me.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
So does the below mean there are 2 million ways to catch covid. Since there are 1 million ways to catch gripe aka flu in Costa Rica

"Common Cold and Flu In Costa Rica, locals are always complaining that they have what Costa Rican's call "gripe." What is "gripe"? Basically it is any type of cold or flu symptom and Costa Ricans believe it can be contracted in about a million ways."

I'm so fat now and in Covid catching shape. That I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by yogis, health nuts, and fitness people.

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
So does the below mean there are 2 million ways to catch covid. Since there are 1 million ways to catch gripe aka flu in Costa Rica

"Common Cold and Flu In Costa Rica, locals are always complaining that they have what Costa Rican's call "gripe." What is "gripe"? Basically it is any type of cold or flu symptom and Costa Ricans believe it can be contracted in about a million ways."

I'm so fat now and in Covid catching shape. That I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by yogis, health nuts, and fitness people.

Er... that is just how you say "Flu" in Spanish. Unless there is a Covid-19 equivalent in Costa Rica, it's just the Flu.

Reactions: ZZZZZ

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Myself and a few others I know very well. Already caught it around March 6th

Or it was wook flu aka festival virus from a massive music festival. Borders closed March 18th

I think I caught covid already. I rarely get sick and I bought pills from the pharmacy

My Costa Rica buddy had a very deep chest cold and loss of voice. They have never caught a US cold before. In the tropics same time as me and a few others

Reactions: konared

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Myself and a few others I know very well. Already caught it around March 6th

Or it was wook flu aka festival virus from a massive music festival. Borders closed March 18th

I think I caught covid already. I rarely get sick and I bought pills from the pharmacy

My Costa Rica buddy had a very deep chest cold and loss of voice. They have never caught a US cold before. In the tropics same time as me and a few others
No joke. I still have one pill
IMG_20200715_221003.jpg
IMG_20200715_220943.jpg

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
2/3 of San Diego County community outbreaks are bars/restaurants. A couple of grocery stores; a spa; a daycare, a gym. There is no (public) rationale for shutting down the sportboat fleet.

Doesn't mean it won't happen. But it shouldn't.
:smoking33:

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Eventually, every man woman and child will be get it and it will run its course across the planet.
After all, how many of you can name a single person who has never had a cold or flu in their lifetime?
That is a fact... but if we all get it at once that would be a disaster. If you are waiting for back to normal, a vaccine will help.

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I didn't feel well on the 4th, and tested positive on the 7th. and I have come to a new realization about this virus. Simply put, even if they take all our freedoms away, and try to impose ICU type restrictions on everybody indoors and outside, it will make no difference in the long run.
After all, how many of you can name a single person who has never had a cold or flu in their lifetime?...it's just not realistic and that is exactly what this virus is, it's quite simple really.
So it's coming, how are you going to react? I'm going to live my life normally, hold my elected leaders accountable whenever I can, and enjoy every day that's given to me.
Just curious. Did you do anything to help prevent spreading your condition to others around you?

Last edited:
Reactions: FishRock

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
My doctor said a month ago we will eventually all be exposed to it and trying to avoid it is like trying to avoid dust and dirt. He said, don't worry about it, live your life and don't be stupid. Hopefully by the time you get it it will have degraded to cold and flu symptom like levels.

I think he is right as the horrific death scenes like we saw in Spain, Italy and New York when the virus first showed its ugly head, have subsided. Most people are surviving it now. My wifes uncle has it in Florida came down with it about a week ago. (80 years old, heart and diabetes problems). They treated him in the hospital for 3 days and sent him home with the medications. He said it feels like any other flu he has had in his life with the aches and pains and headache. I think if he got it 12 weeks ago, he probably would have been dead already . We still are keeping our fingers crossed though.

But back to the topic. There have been no confirmed cases coming from the sportfleet and they continue to slowly increase the passenger counts every couple of weeks on the day boats. I think we will be fine as this seems to be a disease of the "indoors" and not the "outdoors". I just got a notice from San Diego County Health Dept about our public pool at our facility. If it is an indoor pool, it must be shut down immediately but the outdoor pools can remain open. It looks like they know something about being outdoors.

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
best of luck with the Virus. I agree that many will or have had it. Hope that is shouldnt be too bad.

I can name one person who hasnt had a Flu or major cold in their lifetime but I dont want to jinx it... as they knock on wood....

wahging

Oct 15, 2004
yorba linda,ca
Name
steve young
Boat
none
Friend just told me they quantined a boat this week. Anybody know if this true? He didn't mention which boat. Hope this isn't true!

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
2/3 of San Diego County community outbreaks are bars/restaurants. A couple of grocery stores; a spa; a daycare, a gym. There is no (public) rationale for shutting down the sportboat fleet.

Doesn't mean it won't happen. But it shouldn't.
2/3 of outbreaks were caused by restaurants and bars ? How do they know this is fact ? I have doubts.If true shutting down the fleet would be necessary to them i assume.

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
2/3 of outbreaks were caused by restaurants and bars ? How do they know this is fact ? I have doubts.If true shutting down the fleet would be necessary to them i assume.
I would think the Contact Tracing could easily determine the source.

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Since half of all infections come from family members, the only way 2/3 could also come from bars and restaurants is if at least 1/3 of the infections from one family member to another happened at a bar or restaurant. Seems unlikely to be true and impossible to prove true (but easier to prove false).

Last edited:

Smitty44

Dec 30, 2017
garden grove
Name
John
Boat
none
Infections and outbreaks are not one in the same. A outbreak is when 3 or more people catch the bug in the same place around the same time. Right now San Diego has 14 different outbreaks they are monitoring and 2/3 of the are from restaurants and bars. When there are 7 or more outbreaks at the same time it activates and alert on the county dash board

Artois

Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
Since half of all infections come from family members, the only way 2/3 could also come from bars and restaurants is if at least 1/3 of the infections from one family member to another happened at a bar or restaurant. Seems unlikely to be true and impossible to prove true (but easier to prove false).
Sorry but is not possible to prove a negative

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Sorry but is not possible to prove a negative
Popular misconception but as long as the hypothesis can't be proven true by only one example, then it is even possilbe. But even where one example would prove the hypothesis true (and therefore not false), it is still often provable, particularly in math. For exmple, if you were to claim that 2*4 > 3*4, I could prove you wrong. In the context above, one must only show that less than 1/3 of co-infected family members went to bars / restaurants together, thereby proving that not 1/3 (or more) could have been infected at a bar. Get it?

Last edited:

tommysdad

May 14, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jim
Boat
Parker 2320
2/3 of verified "community outbreaks", not all infections. SD County defines a community outbreak as three or more infections that can be traced back to a single source (through contact tracing as noted above). And "2/3" was true when I posted. We are down to 13 County-defined "community outbreaks" over the last 7 days. Only 5 of the 14 in the July 14 update were traced to restaurants.
They are undoubtedly missing community outbreaks, but can only track what can be verified.
The important thing for the fleet is that none have been traced back to a sportboat. So, again, there is NO justification for shutting down sport fishing.

Reactions: Cubeye

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
2/3 of verified "community outbreaks", not all infections. SD County defines a community outbreak as three or more infections that can be traced back to a single source (through contact tracing as noted above). And "2/3" was true when I posted. We are down to 13 County-defined "community outbreaks" over the last 7 days. Only 5 of the 14 in the July 14 update were traced to restaurants.
They are undoubtedly missing community outbreaks, but can only track what can be verified.
The important thing for the fleet is that none have been traced back to a sportboat. So, again, there is NO justification for shutting down sport fishing.
I'll use my routine/travels for this.In the last week i've been to two restaurants,the swap meet four times at two different locations,the grocery store,inside a fast food joint,gas station,barber shop,Walmart and a friends business in a warehouse.If i get sick in about two weeks where did i catch it ?

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
I'll use my routine/travels for this.In the last week i've been to two restaurants,the swap meet four times at two different locations,the grocery store,inside a fast food joint,gas station,barber shop,Walmart and a friends business in a warehouse.If i get sick in about two weeks where did i catch it ?

exactly...

of course its the restaurant were you caught it because that is their agenda...they will say you got it at both restaurants..its obvious

you will NEVER get it at a :
liquor store(thank goodness)
a pot shop
walmart
homedepot

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I just flew cross country from SD to Philly 2 weeks ago on an overbooked flight on American airlines Not a single seat open. Flight home was about 80% capacity.

Sport boat owners should ask the state how the hell that's allowed and not fishing if they try to shut down fishing again.
They should quarantine you for 14 days after taking that flight.