la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
So I go down to get legal yesterday, And to my surprise I have to show my CDL and then its scanned and all my info is up on the screen.

So Any living human can go vote in my country with no I.D.
YOU CAN NOT ASK FOR I.D. TO VOTE.

And us sport folks get tracked by Big Brother.
It just rubbed me the wrong way.

I come from an era of when lots of people thought they were watching us form our new TVs. So may-be I'm just overreacting?

On another subject---

God Bless the U.S. Armed Forces!!!!
Well Done!!!

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Call me stoopid, but you don't have to show ID to vote?

Thought I showed sumting or other?

Still, the best $50.00 you can spend in Cali.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
They are not allowed to ask for ID.
Only in my Country.

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
No ID to vote in Cali. Period.

Kinda funny....I was 8 mis. offshore in March when I realized I didn't have a license. Picked up the Droid and my wallet and had a license in 10 mins. No shit!

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I just looked it up.
The official Ca. web site says you need ID.
Then theres tons of stuff saying no?
At my polling place My wife was going to show her ID and they told her they were not allowed to ask for it??
So?? I'm wrong.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)

2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
its just a sign of things to come. my suggestion is to not be sheep, and become politcally active/aggresive. it gets your point across.

bajadog

Running around knees bent
May 13, 2005
San Diego
Name
Name
Boat
Yours
Welcome to Mexifornia amigo....

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
My guess is that with the instance access to all you Bio.
If you have any issue with lets say.
Unpaid court fee's, liens,child support( that I'm fine with) or any other of a long list of things. You will be flagged. Back when when I had court ordered support.
I could not renew my contractor or driver lic. or close an escrow w/o a letter from the court that I was not behind. I WAS NEVER LATE OR BEHIND.
EVER.

fishnfool

Jun 30, 2003
Murrieta, Ca
Name
Kevan
Boat
IMAHO
It's not new. There has always been a requirement to show ID. It's called proof of residency and everyone in the state over the age of 16 is required to have one. Picture ID. A lot of places never followed the law in that regard. You weren't supposed to be able to buy blank licenses either but plenty of people would sell them anyway. It was/is illegal to do so as a licensing agent. Now it is impossible to do, and there is an electronic record of everyone that buys a license. Big Brother? Yep. (Three days after I turned 50 I got my first AARP solicitation in the mail. I didn't pre-register for AARP). Nothing new just being enforced. How do you suppose they differentiate between resident and non-resident licensing fees? Anyone that doesn't want to provide picture ID is hiding something or extremely paranoid. LOL You also can't use a P.O. box as an address. It can be your mailing address but not your residence even if that is what it says on your driver's license...also not a new rule but now you cannot fudge the system. No more blank licenses to stow away for your once in a while buddy that doesn't want to buy a license but can fill out real quick if it looks like you might get checked. Oh yeah...also not a new rule.

What is new? You can buy your license online in the comfort of your own home. You can get a duplicate license, (under 10 bucks), without providing the copy that you never seperated from your license in case you lost it instead of having to drop another 50 bucks. If you hunt you can get your license and permits/tags all in one stop. You can buy a license as a gift but the recipient must come in to show proof of residency, (covered above). The new licenses are waterproof and tear proof. They are thermal paper so no heating above 130 degress. Can't laminate it with heat, or leave it in the dash of your car or boat on a hot summer day or it will turn black, and you will have to pay for a duplicate. Wallet, tackle box, glove compartment all ok. Lobster report cards are there feet long...major pain in the ass.

Some good, some bad changes. Pretty much the same as far as requirements go. Quit bitchin' and go fishin'. BAAAAAAA! LOL

LuckyTom

Jul 13, 2009
San Clemente Ca USA
Name
Thomas G Powell
Boat
"The One I'm On"
its just a sign of things to come. my suggestion is to not be sheep, and become politcally active/aggresive. it gets your point across.
Ditto...You only need to varify your adress that is on the voter registrars' sheet at the poling place and then sign next to it! Yes, illeagle folks register in front of supermarkets, ect. , and get accepted to vote ALL the time, and they do affect elections in this country! HELLO...(Loretta Sanchez, Gil Zedillo, Antonio Villarigosa, on and on..) and more candidates, have been elected with the help of muhados....Also, if more people were awake and involved we would'nt have such a shitty and disfunctional fish and game dept. in this state! Wake up people ....take back your country from these fools!

Ol'DirtyBastard

Trying to avoid the combat fishing scene
Apr 10, 2011
The water
Name
Dirt McGirt
Boat
DirtyGurl
Here is another positive. If you bought a license but for some reason don't have it on you, they can run your driver's license to see if you have a license and if you just forgot to bring it the fine is much less then if you don't have one altogether. Depending on the agent you run into he/she may or may not write you a ticket at all.

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
Take that driver's license and rub it over a powerful electro magnet. Our DL's have alot of info on them. Like who your gramma slept with. Wipe it clean. "gee officer, I just use what the state gave me".

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Here is another positive. If you bought a license but for some reason don't have it on you, they can run your driver's license to see if you have a license and if you just forgot to bring it the fine is much less then if you don't have one altogether. Depending on the agent you run into he/she may or may not write you a ticket at all.
I seriously doubt the warden is gonna run your drivers license to check if you have a fishing license,if you dont have a fishing license in your possesion your gonna get a ticket.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Sounds Like to me . Just something else to complain about here on BD

Fishing is a privilege....

Good Luck................So are you legal now....?

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
Kevin is right.

They have to get the information off it anyway......
Your Name
Your Address
Your Driver License number
What you call yourself M/F
Weight
Height
DOB

What's the difference?
I always show my license when I vote, they use to ask for it, now they don't? I show it anyway.

narcrew

Apr 18, 2011
newport beach
Name
mick
Boat
none ya
I seriously doubt the warden is gonna run your drivers license to check if you have a fishing license,if you dont have a fishing license in your possesion your gonna get a ticket.

actually they do run you licence. have had it done already. plus every other state in america was on this kind of system for a few years now. i am suprised california didnt do it long time ago.
because it makes it easier on the fisherman/ law enforcment no way to fordge or lose it now. plus its water proof if you do carry it.

and there is no fine for not haveing your licence when i got stop fish and game told me that as long as it showed up in the computer i was good and they didnt ticket me when i was in the computer.