fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
18 ft CC Starcract "Kelp Runner" 224 Chaparral Fisherman
I have been fishing south of the border with my dad a lot, and have been hitting the kelp bed's, and some boiler's for some decent Calico's.
Enjoy the pic's!

Attachments

King Saba

Master of Baitfish Slayin
Jun 7, 2011
Ramen House
Name
Bryan
Boat
Paper Cup
Man those slayer heads look like they were put to good use!

fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
Super cool. That water looks really fishy.
Really fishy! We're the only ones that fish that are, at least that we know of. Ton's of kelp, and structure. And fish!

Man those slayer heads look like they were put to good use!
Yes! Even lost some of them in the thick kelp, and high structure spots! But well worth it!

j-DuBb

HaKuNaMaTaTa
May 31, 2008
Name
Joe
Boat
20' TroPHy CC
Nice fishys ..... throw more of the slugs, should get some nice top water action out there too if theyre eating iron. Nice outing man.

fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
Nice fishys ..... throw more of the slugs, should get some nice top water action out there too if theyre eating iron. Nice outing man.
yeah, i have some of the bigger size MC slugs that i will throw, they go after anything. when i pulled out the one with the iron, there were literally 30 plus followers. Madness!

b-reel

Nov 20, 2011
Downey
Name
HP
Boat
none yet
Sick! Hot area, tons of calicos, and all for yourselves... senores welcome to Mexico.

fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
Sweet catch. Just itching to get back down to Baja for some of that action. Is this Punta Panda area?
Rosarito. And Baja is the spot to be at! I'm heading to Isla San Jeronimo, that place has been untouched for some time. And some FAT bass are around that are, will post a report!

That spot looks very familiar!;) Thanks for the report, Congrats! Saludos!
Si! Very familiar to your location! And thanks!

Calico Bob 1010

Past President, LARRC
Oct 20, 2004
UCLABruinville
www.nationalturf.com
Name
Bob
Boat
none
Geronimo can be very good at times...in particular the NORTHWEST end boilers and finger reef off that side of the island in about 70 ft of water.

However, the place you really want to be isn't Geronimo. It's just below...the Sacramento Reef. That's why my screen name is Calico Bob 1010 (10 lbs 10 oz). If you get to fish there and get a bite going...the average size of the bass there is unbelievable. It will spoil you. Nothing like I've ever seen...and that includes a number of trips to Cedros. It's dinosaurville at Sac Reef.

Are you towing your own boat and going to launch at Punta Baja?

NachoOne

Not your normal Nachos
May 8, 2009
So Cal., CA. USA
Name
Nacho
Boat
Long Gone
I wish I had a Dad like yours, seems to be a great father to take you fishing. Great fun and nice calicos!

fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
Geronimo can be very good at times...in particular the NORTHWEST end boilers and finger reef off that side of the island in about 70 ft of water.

However, the place you really want to be isn't Geronimo. It's just below...the Sacramento Reef. That's why my screen name is Calico Bob 1010 (10 lbs 10 oz). If you get to fish there and get a bite going...the average size of the bass there is unbelievable. It will spoil you. Nothing like I've ever seen...and that includes a number of trips to Cedros. It's dinosaurville at Sac Reef.

Are you towing your own boat and going to launch at Punta Baja?
wish could fish Sac reef, there has been some sort of dispute with the two fishing towns, and have separated Sac Reef, and the Isla, I know its stupid, but we had wide open Calicos this saturday, and sunday, nothing less then 6 or 7 pounds, too bad i forgot my scale. but im sure some hit the double digits. and we launched out of a panga with a local. my dad has fished sac reef; 32 halies one day, and the next 27 yellows! im itching to go there tho, its so close, you can see the waves crashing!

Dinklimit

Yo Ho, Yo Ho a pirate's life for me...
Jun 25, 2012
Long Beach CA
Name
Chew Bear
Boat
The Black Pearl
Great Pics. Looks like a rad ass time!