tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I was wandering the docks down at H&M, skipping docks for spotties and the captain of a boat that escapes me at the moment saw me eyeing a stack of calcutta beside the boat. We talked and he ended up giving my friend and I 5 pieces of cane for helping him do a few things! Just wanted to point out how cool some of the guys are down there.

Here is the first of the 4 gaffs, almost finished. Used the wrong white between those two striated wraps and it disappeared entirely... Oh well.

40b4915268166ad527b1039d714ed8c6.jpg
f8a1d2382dca9102371978349febc6b5.jpg
fdc233fe2115eecdaa48911af554d6bf.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FAT CAT

FAT CAT
Nov 11, 2007
Baja Sur, MX
Name
Bill Burkett
Boat
22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
I think the "invisible wrap" is pretty cool. You should have said you planned it that way. Go kill some fish.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I think the "invisible wrap" is pretty cool. You should have said you planned it that way. Go kill some fish.
True, haha. I have a "floating guides" rod in the works using the same principle. I'll post it up when I finish it out.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Thought it was NCP thread but turned out otherwise. I rarely ever use CP on NCP thread so I didn't CP it.
Gotcha, I've been surprised the same way. You see the guide by my friends hand is much darker than the other wraps. I thought the thread was all NOCP but it turned out only the green was and the red and yellow bled through badly as expected. Still need to fix this one - although the rod fished great!image.jpeg

I was mostly curious if you had problems with white NOCP thread bleeding through. Today I did some work with the Fuji NOCP white and I had a little bleed through (black marks on white blank under the thread bled through a very little bit).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Gotcha, I've been surprised the same way. You see the guide by my friends hand is much darker than the other wraps. I thought the thread was all NOCP but it turned out only the green was and the red and yellow bled through badly as expected. Still need to fix this one - although the rod fished great!View attachment 749841

I was mostly curious if you had problems with white NOCP thread bleeding through. Today I did some work with the Fuji NOCP white and I had a little bleed through (black marks on white blank under the thread bled through a very little bit).
Hey, if it kills fish it doesn't need fixing haha.

Yeah, I've had the Fuji white NCP thread bleed through before. I generally do use CP but I was anticipating a small amount of bleed through with bamboo striations to create a faint pattern behind the thread. Mixed up spools so it's a little more than faint.

Upvote 0