Almost A Member
Feb 23, 2015
AZ
Name
DC
Boat
I wish
Looking for some advice.

If you have a choice, which one will you choice to be your 20# live bait reel? Pairing with my tzc80M

Thank you in advance

Upvote 0

Bantam1

Shimano Rep
Sep 13, 2007
Irvine, CA
Name
Dan
Boat
N/A
I would fish bait on a Trinidad 12 or 14 with the TZC80M. Reels like the Curado and CTE are more for fishing lures. Fly lined bait with a level wind can be done, but accessing the spool to control tension/bait swimming can be tough. There isn't much room to get to the spool besides your thumb. Back reeling the spool is a little harder.

Reactions: Caseman
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
He makes valid points but honestly live bait isn't complicated and they will both work just fine. I personally prefer low profiles and the curado 300 is a great reel. Close your eyes and pick one, you'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

CURRY

Almost A Member
Feb 23, 2015
AZ
Name
DC
Boat
I wish
I would fish bait on a Trinidad 12 or 14 with the TZC80M. Reels like the Curado and CTE are more for fishing lures. Fly lined bait with a level wind can be done, but accessing the spool to control tension/bait swimming can be tough. There isn't much room to get to the spool besides your thumb. Back reeling the spool is a little harder.

Thank you for the info Bantam1. You made a good point, I never flylined with a level wind reel before.

Upvote 0

CURRY

Almost A Member
Feb 23, 2015
AZ
Name
DC
Boat
I wish
He makes valid points but honestly live bait isn't complicated and they will both work just fine. I personally prefer low profiles and the curado 300 is a great reel. Close your eyes and pick one, you'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thank you. I guess I just have to try it and see how I like it. I don't used 20# a lot, it's just in case of a very tough bite.

Upvote 0