Cal sheets: AWESOME service

MannyOjai

May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
I recently had my 12t Penn Intl 2 speed ( Super Cal'd) that not been serviced in 25 years worked on. I asked Eric at Cals so many questions , he took all of them and asked me relevant questions back. In the end my 12 T is awesome.. I also had my Penn fathom 60 2 speed serviced as well, it came back amazing. I totally spaced and forgot to ask for longer screws on the 12 T so that it would fit a different rod , I emailed Eric and explained, after the reel had came back . Nancy called me back, Erics mom. She is sooo nice. What a pleasant conversation we had, eventually I spoke to Cal himself. He walked me through taking off the base, measuring the current screws and he made me two new screws.. of course they fit perfect and now my better stronger Super 12 T is on the rod I wanted it to fit on. Thanks to Cal, Nancy and of course Eric. love those guys, oh yeah .. no credit cards.. send a check, old school baby.

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Cal, Eric and Nancy are true "stand up" people. I've known them for more than 35 years..... they give their all to every customer. Their work.....impeccable. ABOVE AND BEYOND.

Sometimes it takes longer than you think..... but ALWAYS worth the wait. In this case... it's the little extra things..... that's customer service brother.

r8rs4lf

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
I have a reel in for service right now. I had sent it in before the FHS, but I got a chance to talk to Cal himself at the show. Nice guy. Can't wait to get it back and put it to use eventually.

Reactions: woodfish330

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I have two 12LT that I am going to take to Cal for getting 2speeded, and sleeved, and maybe bearings..
going to drive them up to Fallbrook hoping to see his shop...

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
"gecsr1" Don't just show up there...okay? Call ahead of time... and talk to them. Just "dropping in" during these times... not recommended. They're great.... but very private people. Just my suggestion.

If your.gonna do 2 of the same reels... have Cal sleeve one for heavier line sizes. That reel can take it. (Faster drag arc). Be safe out there.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
"gecsr1" Don't just show up there...okay? Call ahead of time... and talk to them. Just "dropping in" during these times... not recommended. They're great.... but very private people. Just my suggestion.

If your.gonna do 2 of the same reels... have Cal sleeve one for heavier line sizes. That reel can take it. (Faster drag arc). Be safe out there.
Yes, I know to call ahead and set a time to go, as I have had several reels done by him and I do not plan to go till things settle down with the virus orders....
thanks for your suggestion, have a great day..

Reactions: woodfish330

MannyOjai

May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
I had new sleeve, new bearings. Double dog added. Full tune up and drags set to fish 60 lb. it’s a mini tank The fathom set for 80 and free spool is amazing.. I don’t mind the wait. As it turned out don’t need the, for a bit anyways. Give Cals your business. They are a great family