Uglybones

Take a step to the left.
Jul 13, 2008
Lakeside
Name
Ian
Boat
the big one with 30 other people
They swim best slow. The action is great.This is after a single 3/4 trip with no fish caught. Paint didn't hold well for me. I'll keepem for calico. Your mileage may vary. Same trip ended with 5 YT on a mint/white 7x.

IMG_0012.JPG

Reactions: Haly0
Mar 17, 2007
Redlands, CA
Name
Doug
Boat
water wings
How do the smaller version of the Caivo jigs swim?? Do you guys that use them fish the smaller 2.2 oz. jigs when the fish are on smaller baits or do they tend to swim better at faster/slower speeds than the 3.2 oz jigs?? Would you compare them to a Tady C, or a 7X jr, or Kicker 15 light or Tady A1?? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: MadHatches

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
Or order them by sending a PM to Jamie aka "fishordie" here on BD. If I am not mistaken Bob Sands Fishing Tackle is still doing the Fred Hall deals till the end of the month that includes a free jig. It was the best deal at the show.

eddiefishtaco

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 16, 2009
FONTANA,CA USA
Name
EDDIE
Boat
sold
Personally I like to make my jigs swim. It's called jigging. There's no pride in Wanting the jigs to swim, and catch fish for them like live bait. When are we going to learn to fish for real.

Reactions: fishin_kid

sulla

Jan 1, 2007
Torrance CA
Name
Sulla
Boat
Party Boat Near You
Does caivo make any heavy jigs for yo-yo like a Salas 6x jr or regular 6x? If so do they catch fish like the surface irons seem to?

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I dont know anything as bout them. But the pics look like my old 3 in1"s

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Does caivo make any heavy jigs for yo-yo like a Salas 6x jr or regular 6x? If so do they catch fish like the surface irons seem to?
yes and yes

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
I did well with the 4.8oz red crab and blue and white. Also the 7.0oz blue and white and the mint.

Last edited:
Reactions: sulla

Socali818

><((((º>
Sep 15, 2016
La Habra
Name
Mike L
Boat
Yamaha FX HO
Never got to fully test out the Caivos. I do like their extra welded ring. They did always swim well.

Maybe I should give it another try. 🤔

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
They have many different models and styles to choose from. They all get bit very well.

When it comes to Yo-Yo jigs they are great. much less expensive and still high quality