Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
What's with the different Cavio jigs on EBay?

There's Cavio, Cavio OG and Cavio 4G.

All have 2.2 and 3.2 Oz. sizes.

Where is best place to buy?

Thanks

funnyguy

Almost A Member
Feb 27, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Name
Chris
Boat
19 foot Trophy CC
Hello,

Very good, I've never had one not swim well. My FH show pick up below.

Chris
IMG_3794.JPG

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
What's with the different Cavio jigs on EBay?

There's Cavio, Cavio OG and Cavio 4G.

All have 2.2 and 3.2 Oz. sizes.

Where is best place to buy?

Thanks

Bob Sands stocks them in the SFV area..

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
I believe that Bob Sands Fishing Tackle in Van Nuys still has the show deals until the end of the month. PM "Jamie" here on BD, aka "fishordie" he can help you

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2007
Redlands, CA
Name
Doug
Boat
water wings
WHAT A CACHE!!!! I hear that the 3.2 oz. model swims most enticingly. Care to share your wisdom about "what characteristics make one Caivo jig swim better than the next"??? When you guys are confident enough to purchase jigs by the zillion, you must know some of their secrets!!! Please share!!

Reactions: MadHatches

funnyguy

Almost A Member
Feb 27, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Name
Chris
Boat
19 foot Trophy CC
Hello,

Honestly I've fished probably 25 different Caivo jigs in both sizes and everyone has swam well. So I don't look at hips or any of that, I just make sure the rings are welded nicely and pick a color I like. They aren't the same shape as any other jig I've used. The hips are completely different shapes and the head of the jig is much larger then any other jig I own.

Chris

Reactions: muymacho74

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
WHAT A CACHE!!!! I hear that the 3.2 oz. model swims most enticingly. Care to share your wisdom about "what characteristics make one Caivo jig swim better than the next"??? When you guys are confident enough to purchase jigs by the zillion, you must know some of their secrets!!! Please

Last edited:

funnyguy

Almost A Member
Feb 27, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Name
Chris
Boat
19 foot Trophy CC
Ok guys heres the skinny on the Caivo jigs. Ive had quite a bit of success with them. In fact the YT in my pic is proudly wearing a Caivo in its lip. What I believe to make the Caivo swim so well is a few things. Allll the jigs have an offset hip, sharp edges, slightly offset eye, and thick front end. All this combined causes them to swim erratically and kick out in a way that makes the fish want to die! In my opinion all the jigs are basically the same and have these same characteristics. Also the thick front end makes them very effective at a slower retreive which keeps them in the strike zone alot longer. Longer exposure=more strikes.

Hello,

Muymacho is spot on.

I'm not going to say Caivo jigs catch more fish then any other surface iron that also swims well. I will say all the Caivo jigs I've personally used have been good swimmers and they reliably get hit by fish when they want the surface iron. Not affiliated.

Chris

Reactions: muymacho74

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
I'm not going to say Caivo jigs catch more fish then any other surface iron that also swims well. I will say all the Caivo jigs I've personally used have been good swimmers and they reliably get hit by fish when they want the surface iron. Not affiliated.

Chris
Well said Funnyguy

Mar 17, 2007
Redlands, CA
Name
Doug
Boat
water wings
Thank you Chris and Phil for that info. It's nice to hear that a jig manufacturer has finally decided to make jigs that swim THE MAJORITY OF TIME as opposed to doing so on rare occasions!! I wish that the other nameless manufacturers would take a hint and realize that they'd sell alot more jigs if they followed this simple tenet. Thank you Caivo and JRI for making jigs that are worth the price that is being charged!!

Reactions: wahbam

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
Thank you Chris and Phil for that info. It's nice to hear that a jig manufacturer has finally decided to make jigs that swim THE MAJORITY OF TIME as opposed to doing so on rare occasions!! I wish that the other nameless manufacturers would take a hint and realize that they'd sell alot more jigs if they followed this simple tenet. Thank you Caivo and JRI for making jigs that are worth the price that is being charged!!
You hit the nail on the head buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadHatches

Jamaro11

Aug 14, 2015
Orange County
Name
Juan
Boat
nope...
A buddy put me on the Caivo jigs last season and they are now one of my favorites. Great price and great action. The added bonus is the customer service that Jimmy (Caivo Tackle) provides. If you ever have an issue with any of his jigs he will make it right.

Reactions: wahbam

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
A buddy put me on the Caivo jigs last season and they are now one of my favorites. Great price and great action. The added bonus is the customer service that Jimmy (Caivo Tackle) provides. If you ever have an issue with any of his jigs he will make it right.
Yeah Jimmy stands by his product thats for sure.

Last edited:

CaptJgray

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
For those wondering his shop is in Long Beach off of Long Beach Blvd just south of willow, about a mile south of the 405.

He not only makes great jigs but some of his other products are excellent as well and the prices can't be beat.

I just spent 400.00 on Lucanus style jigs for a buddy in the Bay area.

I also do all of my shopping for my Alaska trips there.

Freshwater hooks and small offshore bait hooks as well. when it comes to the bigger bait hooks I still rely on Trokar.

Reactions: bob1825