Cabo Udate

breese

Nov 23, 2005
chicago
Name
Harv
Boat
26 ft. Shamrock Carolina
Reports from Baja Nomads that things have improved remarkably in the past few days;

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75531&page=1#pid937399
Just posted by
Reports from Baja Nomads that things have improved remarkably in the past few days;

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75531&page=1#pid937399
Just posted on their Facebook page, Hotel Palmas reports that it seems the recent rain has again cut off the East Cape off from the south, and they still don't have many services back.

Van Wormer Resorts
12 mins ·
Not much has changed over the weekend in Los Barriles. The town continues to be without electricity and water. Due to the rain over the weekend, the road to Cabo is once again closed for a few days for repairs. There are currently no guests at either of the resorts, as all tourists have made their way home. There is no word as to the official date for the reopening of the airport in San Jose Del Cabo. We continue to hear possibly September 30th. The road north to La Paz is still open and supplies are arriving and the markets are stocked. We will continue to post as new information become available.

Bajaexile

Jun 2, 2013
SJD BCS MEX
Name
Jay
Boat
White Widow Mako264
Things are getting better quick here! Thanks to the Federal government for kicking the useless local government to the curb and taking charge in a big way. They're putting up power poles like an assembly line. Alot of neighborhoods (including mine thank god) have power and water restored. There's machinery everywhere cleaning up, and hundreds of people are sweeping and raking. Very encouraging to see. Today I was at San Jose marina which took a beating, and ran into one of the Bisbee's organizers. He said the tournaments are still a go. I believe at this rate there will be enough infrastructure finished by then to pull it off. Definitely not like the old days here when it tooks months to recover from less damage than this. It was very sad to see our own local POS police officers looting the stores of TV's and other big ticket items with the rest of the theives. Hopefully they'll be unemployed soon when all the videos hit the internet. The big stores are already opening back up in San Lucas and soon to open in San Jose. We're all busting ass to get it back in business.

Whalebreath

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
Things are getting better quick here! Thanks to the Federal government for kicking the useless local government to the curb and taking charge in a big way. They're putting up power poles like an assembly line. Alot of neighborhoods (including mine thank god) have power and water restored. There's machinery everywhere cleaning up, and hundreds of people are sweeping and raking. Very encouraging to see. Today I was at San Jose marina which took a beating, and ran into one of the Bisbee's organizers. He said the tournaments are still a go. I believe at this rate there will be enough infrastructure finished by then to pull it off. Definitely not like the old days here when it tooks months to recover from less damage than this. It was very sad to see our own local POS police officers looting the stores of TV's and other big ticket items with the rest of the theives. Hopefully they'll be unemployed soon when all the videos hit the internet. The big stores are already opening back up in San Lucas and soon to open in San Jose. We're all busting ass to get it back in business.
Cool report-Mexicans are resilient people-Thanks for the Good News!

Reactions: bays90

thefishaholic

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 2, 2013
Cabo San Lucas, BCS, MX
Name
Sid Gordon
Boat
Surf&Yak
Heading down Sunday to secure our home that is the only one in the neighborhood that has not been looted. Yet. 3 cars also stolen. The 1% will not destroy Cabo.