scfisher

Make it count !
Feb 19, 2007
los angeles
Name
jay
Boat
Not yet
We'll be heading out for an 8 hour trip on a 23 ft boat tomorrow.

I want any action on the water no matter the species. So how likely is it to catch Marlin and dorado this time of year?

How likely is it to catch yellowtail/roosterfish/ sierra?

What lures/bait will work best?

For the most part i just want to be out fishing...thanks in advance for any info.

Upvote 0

scfisher

Make it count !
Feb 19, 2007
los angeles
Name
jay
Boat
Not yet
Fishing was good. It took our boat, (the skipper, a friend and I) just 45 minutes after leaving the dock to catch the first fish which ended up being a 25lb dorado. Another 30 minutes of trolling then we ended hooking up to a Striped Marlin caught with a mackerel. The Marlin ended up being 90 lbs. Caught and released. All in all 11 marlin were sighted. It was a just a great day to be out fishing!!

Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2010
Minneapolis/Gilroy/Buena Vista
Name
J. David LeCompte
Boat
20' Triton
Marlin and Dorado this time of year? Not likely at all, obviously!

Thanks for the report, and congrats. Good company, perfect weather, prime location, visual invigoration, physical exertion, mucho dodo in the box and a stripey still swimmin'. Yeah, that's a decent day!

There's nothing like being on the water. Spent the walleye/pike opening weekend in central MN, great weather, five of my good friends, slaying bass and pike and eating and drinking . . . It's not Cabo/Baja, but still fantastic and unbeatable!

Upvote 0

PezGallo2

Jun 2, 2010
Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., MX
www.redhotcabofishing.com
Name
Alex Martel
Boat
29ft Blackfin El Bandito
Fishing was good. It took our boat, (the skipper, a friend and I) just 45 minutes after leaving the dock to catch the first fish which ended up being a 25lb dorado. Another 30 minutes of trolling then we ended hooking up to a Striped Marlin caught with a mackerel. The Marlin ended up being 90 lbs. Caught and released. All in all 11 marlin were sighted. It was a just a great day to be out fishing!!
Thanks for the report!

Upvote 0