Alysium

Sep 11, 2020
Keller Washington 99140
Name
Nate
Boat
Op220
sorry, not a report, working on one.

My wife and I will be staying between Cabo and the airport from 4/21-4/24. We would like to fish a half a day on the 22 or the 23. I realize asking about guides has been “beaten like a dead horse” here. I have a fair idea of some of the more highly recommended ones. Thought I’d put this here and see if any of the local guides check in and want to fill a couple seats on either of those days. Don’t really need anything fancy, just a chance to fish. I understand it’s kind of late notice, but I thought I’d give it a try before we go staggering around the marina. Open to any ideas/suggestions. Thanks.

Upvote 0

pascuale

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    I fished with Juanito and his son on the Panga "El Diablo Loco" last month. Great price ($200) and good times. Fishing was slow but they both are very good fisherman and worked hard. Download Whattsapp and call or te
    +52 624 205 4157

I saw that Jaime on The Jessica has been doing some evening/night fishing for snapper snd killing it. He's always a great option too but the panga is $450. Super nice.

Reactions: Alysium
    Upvote 0

sammyvelvet

Aug 8, 2013
    long beach
    Name
    sammy
    Boat
    no
    Hey Alysium .... Juanito is already booked with us on 22,23,24 ... but if you call him he can also get you with someone reputable ... dont wander into the marina area unless you just want one of the coyotes there to book you on a wasted boat ride with second and third rate pangueros ... ask Juanito to put you in contact with Miguel on the Yellowfin ... hes a good guy and great fisheman ... I dont have Miguels number but Im sure Juanito can hook you up ... give him a call

Upvote 0

Charlie Plum

Jan 6, 2017
    Minnesota
    Name
    Charlie Plum
    Boat
    Carlos
    I fished with Juanito and his son on the Panga "El Diablo Loco" last month. Great price ($200) and good times. Fishing was slow but they both are very good fisherman and worked hard. Download Whattsapp and call or te
    +52 624 205 4157

I saw that Jaime on The Jessica has been doing some evening/night fishing for snapper snd killing it. He's always a great option too but the panga is $450. Super nice.
    The reason Jaime G Jr has a little higher price is because he will spend the money on fuel to fish where the fish are. Whether thats running to Golden Gate or the Gordo Banks. You won't see any other Pangas doing that. He'll run you to Todos Santos if thats where the Marlin bite is. You won't do that on a $200 panga. He'll consistently run to the Golden Gate just to catch bait for the inshore snapper bite.

pascuale
    pascuale
    Looking forward to fishing on the Sophia in Nov.
    Upvote 0
    S
    sammyvelvet
    Yah to be honest if you want Juanito to go out all you have to do is let him know .. and he will tell you that he has to charge more because of the extra gas ... any ligit outfit will because fuel is expensive in Baja ...
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Hector1

Hector
    Feb 12, 2012
    Ashley Heath, Dorset, UK
    Name
    Craig Harnett
    Boat
    None
    +52 624 205 4157

The Sophia is a lot more boat than the old Jessica too - twin outboards etc and can get where you need to go a lot quicker and go a lot further.
    A half day is actually $350 not $450

Upvote 0

Hector1

Hector
    Feb 12, 2012
    Ashley Heath, Dorset, UK
    Name
    Craig Harnett
    Boat
    None
    If you’re looking for something a bit larger and more comfortable (with a proper head etc) You won’t go wrong with the
    Fun Addict - $600 for a full day - don’t know about a half day.

Upvote 0

Alysium

Sep 11, 2020
    Keller Washington 99140
    Name
    Nate
    Boat
    Op220
    10 years ago we staggered into Cabo. Some guy asked if we wanted to go fishing. I said sure. He picked up us at our hotel. He made us lunch. He put us on fish. He recommended a place. Anyone recognize him. file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/74/04/F681602B-A8ED-413B-8937-EB8FD6EF2A36/IMG_1939.heic

Juanito recommended someone.

After a few emails with the company I think we have reached an agreement.

one small Sierra and a smaller skipjack.

Reactions: sammyvelvet
    Upvote 0

Alysium

Sep 11, 2020
    Keller Washington 99140
    Name
    Nate
    Boat
    Op220
    Alysium,

How did your trip turnout?

Any pictures to share?

Larry

overall it was a nice trip. Cabo is a little nicer than Washington this time of year.

the fishing trip was a literal shit show.

in no way, shape, or form do I blame Juanito for his recommendation. Nor do I blame the captain he recommended. Near as I could tell he is a great fisherman. I guess there were some logistical errors and I didn’t get to fish with him.

for lack of a better phrase, it was a series of unfortunate events. Many of which I had no problem overlooking. However, there were a couple things that inspired me to send an email to the company. (something I never do)

I asked if they would like to hear our experience before I posted to the intermet. They replied, and said they would. So I sent them a lengthy email detailing our experience. Maybe they took it seriously. They claimed they were going to have a “team meeting “ to address some of my concerns. They also offered a free trip on their larger boat. I’m not sure when we will get back down there, but I don’t have a problem giving them another chance. It will be interesting to see if/when we get back, if, they will honor their word.

I didn’t name them because I understand people can have a bad day, and it sounds like they are addressing the issues. I hope they do, seemed like good people. We will find out if/when we get back there.

sorry, no pics, I was kinda busy playing captain/deckhand. We did manage a small Sierra and a smaller skipjack. Lost 3 right at the boat🙄

Last edited: