Cabo Cuddycon

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by aledwards, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Plasticman256

Plasticman256 Newbie

Name:
    Greg Powell
    Boat:
    Lucky Dog
  2. ghostcrawler

ghostcrawler Newbie

Name:
    wayne
    Boat:
    CABO 256 cuddycon
    Great shot of your cuddycon.
    If this nice weather keeps up here, I'm unwrapping her early!

Plasticman256 likes this.
  3. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    New Cabo Windshields For Sale

We have completed the first run of new windshields for the Cabo Cuddy Con and are now taking orders. We can make them in Clear or in Tinted Smoke. They are a perfect OEM fit beautifully crafted by Diversified Manufacturing in San Marcos, CA (760) 599-9280.

Product is New, no scratches, no nicks, crystal clear. Clear = $385. Tinted = $400. This price does not include spacers, screws or the rubber grommets (you can take all of these off your old shield), or shipping.

Call me and let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Guy Schneider
    760-519-4238
    TailWhip (Cabo216)

IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0040.JPG

4. forefrazier

forefrazier Captain

Name:
    Steve Frazier
    Boat:
    Cabo 226
    Pretty good pricing. I recently paid much more for mine but it is 3/8" and pre-drilled holes for an exact fit.

5. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    The holes are predrilled on these to. Sure you could order 3/8's if needed as they are cut on a CNC.

6. forefrazier

forefrazier Captain

Name:
    Steve Frazier
    Boat:
    Cabo 226
    Bill:
    Thanks for the reply. Do they check hole spacing first off each boat before drilling? I know that not all of the spacing is the same for each boat. Tried to buy a windshield off another Cabo in the past but hole spacing was off a bit.

7. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    Steve's question >> Do they check hole spacing first off each boat before drilling? I know that not all of the spacing is the same for each boat.

We obviously don't know what your screw hole spacing is so we cant be certain that our template can match yours - every boat could be different but that is unlikely. We can offer you the following options: a) we pre-drill the holes according to our template, b) you can tell us what your hole specifications are are we can drill them accordingly, or c) we can deliver the shield with no holes pre drilled and you can drill them yourself with the proper drill bit.

Each shield is custom made to order. Before we cut or bend we would confirm the dimensions of your console and your desired holes specifications.

We are a Cabo owner like you and want it done right.

forefrazier and bparker1225 like this.
  8. Atamboury

Atamboury Newbie

Name:
    Alex Tamboury
    Boat:
    Cabo cuddycon 256
    Completely off the prior topic and on an old thread but this seems to have the most knowledge of the Cabo cuddycon so I'll give it a shot. I'm looking to repower my 256, not planning on new, but newer four stroke/s. What has worked best for you guys as far as reliability, efficiency and speed also has anyone switched to a single 350, over twin 150-250s?

9. Plasticman256

Plasticman256 Newbie

Name:
    Greg Powell
    Boat:
    Lucky Dog
    Re powered mine two years ago twin yamaha 200 hpdi better fuel economy than the new 5"4 strokes. Tops out at 46 knots not that I can ever actually go that speed on the big pond. More power than it needs could have gone 150 I think. I got both motors aa a pair counter rotating. On eBay from Florida for $5000 a pice 320 hours on them. Could not be more pleased.

10. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    What an increadible job! Supreme!

Everything you have done my partner and I have talked about. Have you and the boat shop you worked with considered offering these mods as a service?

As a less expensive alternative to the center bait well mod we have contemplated cutting through the interior walls of the old battery compartment into the starboard and port bait wells and refabbing it as one single flow through unit. I'd be curious to know your thoughts on this and if the bait would "swim" in this configuration?

11. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    Hi Scott. I just dealt with this same issue. My boat keel started ridding on the forward roller. Not good. Eventually, because I was lazy and wanted to fish and not spend the day to repair it, the keel cut through the roller and started ridding on the roller axle chipping the gel coat and glass. Now I have a trailer and a glass job as a result.

Here is my notes.

First off, the neoprene or rubber rollers on your trailer are not designed for you boat to ride on - they are there as a safety measure for when you drive your boat up on to the bunker boards on your trailer. Your boat should be resting in a balanced position and riding on the trailer bunker boards while on the trailer and the keel (any part of it) should not be touching or ridding on the rubber rollers when so.

Over time the bunker board mounting posts and brackets loosen and and the weight of the boat forces them to slide down causing the boat to ride in an off balanced position and on the rollers if your not careful.

Take your boat and trailer to a boat trailer shop and have them fix it, pronto. They will lift the boat off the trailer replace the bad parts, rebalance the boat on the trailer and put you on your way. You can do it yourself but unless you come to the boat ramp with all the tools and all the parts you might turn what appears to be a simple problem into a goat rodeo.

Good luck.

12. oej1919

oej1919 Newbie

Name:
    EJ
    Boat:
    Cabo 256 Cuddycon
    Hey guys just bought my Grandfather 1990 256 Cuddy Con from him and am looking to get your thoughts on mods and upgrades. I love these boats and grew up with the one I have now. Also if your interested I made a FB site called CABO Marine Owners club if you want to link up that way as well.

13. oej1919

oej1919 Newbie

Name:
    EJ
    Boat:
    Cabo 256 Cuddycon
    These are amazing boats! I just purchased mine 1991 256 Cuddycon from my Grandfather a few months ago and have been running it around Chesapeake Bay. I am hoping to get into some offshore species this coming season.

14. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    Amazing is right. If you have a 256 you have a VERY rare boat indeed. Does it have the original twin Yamaha outboards?

15. Atamboury

Atamboury Newbie

Name:
    Alex Tamboury
    Boat:
    Cabo cuddycon 256
    They truly are great! Don’t let it go! My 256 is a constant work in progress. Over the summer I did a repower with twin 2006 Yamaha 250 4-strokes, since then trips to San Clemente And Catalina Island here in Southern California are so much better, if you have the original 2-strokes it is well worth the money to repower! You definitely have nothing to worry about going off shore either.

repo805 likes this.
  16. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    Cabo T-Top, Tower

Hey all, now in the middle of the refurb process on the new 226. Used Pacific Yacht Towers last time on my 216 to build the T-Top but Tom's prices have gone way up. I know Tony at Fishing Boats Unlimited in Costa Mesa did the OEM tops for the Cabos way back when and he is still making them today but his quote is about the same as PYT.

Does anyone have a good alternative to PYT or Fishing Boats Unlimited that might be less expensive and still provide the same custom quality? Want to get one built while the season is still slower.

Let me know please.

17. oej1919

oej1919 Newbie

Name:
    EJ
    Boat:
    Cabo 256 Cuddycon
  18. Skydance

Skydance Newbie

Name:
    Richard Callas
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    I have a 1987 Cabo CuddyCon 216 and discovered fuel in the bilge when heading out to fish for salmon this morning. I checked all the lines connecting to the tank (4) and all were dry as was the sending unit. However, I found standing fuel and fuel soaked foam at the rear of the tank.

I was happy that I didn't blow myself up on the trip this morning and, after reading some posts on the topic of Cabo fuel tanks, it appears some have been known to leak due to corrosion.

My plan is to pull the tank tomorrow and would be grateful for any advice/tips on how it's done as well as any suggestions on a source for a replacement tank and how it should be installed (foam or not to foam).

Thanks

19. Capt. JB

Capt. JB BD’er

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    Going through this process right now. It’s a pain, but doable for the diy’er. The foam breaks apart with a hammer, multi-tool (ie Fein or similar), and or chisel. It will require some leverage like crow bars and cribbing to break it lose from the bottom of the tank. A fork lift would be ideal. I personally would not foam again, but there are plenty of options out there on this. I went with an 80 gal poly tank from Moeller that fits perfectly. This replaces the 105 gal aluminum one that was toast. I have a 87’ Cabo, so no matter which way you go, it will last a long time. The great thing about these boats is that there are great people that have owned, operated, and customized them and won’t hesitate to help or offer up advice. I have personally been amazed at all the feedback this site and it’s Cabo’s owner assisted with my own Cabo restoration. Hope this helps and I’m sure others will chime in to further help you get back on the water.

-Josh

E4A73ED0-F127-426F-A139-CA48F0E014A1.png

cliff_fishes likes this.
  20. dwaynesda

dwaynesda dwayne

Name:
    dwayne
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    I Have done it to mine and it is pretty straight forward. I was able to place an 8 ft -4x4 across the gunwales and use a come along to pop the tank from the foam. The Moeller tank is a perfect fit and it need to be placed on a bed of rubber so the rough bilge bottom does not wear a hole in the tank. Moeller has the mounting tips in its website.

cliff_fishes likes this.