Lifeislarge

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 25, 2019
Jax Beach
Name
Erik Batsford
Boat
Cabo 216 Cuddycon
Are you going to replace all of the foam you removed?
I thought about it. It’s maybe four or six cubic feet when all is said and done. The ability to monitor and repair any leaks seems to be much more important to me than a little additional floatation. My bow is section is empty and I’d rather fill that with foam than put it back in the stern.

Split Decision

Split Decision
Mar 30, 2005
Downey, CA
Name
Jim Hendricks
Boat
Cabo 216
The hoses are completely encased in foam and being corrugated, they don't want to let go so I ended up having to keep grinding away at the foam and pulling on the hoses until they finally broke free. I'm not sure it would be possible to get them out if there was still foam completely surrounding them.

You do have another option though if you can't get the hoses out. They're all 1.5" ID hoses so you could use them as conduit and run a smaller diameter hose inside them in the worst case.
Thanks. Sounds like a major ordeal, but you got 'er done. I am not sure I would want smaller hoses for the drains, so completely replacing the hoses sounds like the best scenario to me. You are doing it right. Again, great job.

Lifeislarge

Sep 25, 2019
Jax Beach
Name
Erik Batsford
Boat
Cabo 216 Cuddycon
So the decals came in and they look great. Except they're not right and this is why I'm not a graphic artist. I didn't notice at the time but they used the letter "I" instead of the number 1 in 216. Changes the numbers entirely. Round two at the printer with the changes made. I could probably use the first run and nobody would ever notice but I would.

IMG_5262.jpg
IMG_5263.jpg

Oh, and I picked this up today. Fuck it, anything that's worth doing is worth doing right.

IMG_5264.jpg
IMG_5265.jpg
IMG_5266.jpg

Mike_I

May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
What am I missing it looks the same? What happened to the 1?

Lifeislarge

Sep 25, 2019
Jax Beach
Name
Erik Batsford
Boat
Cabo 216 Cuddycon
What am I missing it looks the same? What happened to the 1?
I ended up redoing it because the original decal doesn't use the number 1, and when my non designers eye didn't pick up on that I thought I was good. When I put my first version up against the original on the boat it showed itself. The number really messed up the spacing. Now it's right. Who knew logo designers did that???

If anyone wants the first version I'll ship them out for $40. With a steady hand and razor blade you could probably fix the 1. Or just use them as is...
IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5269 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cliff_fishes

909MARIO

Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
Homeless
SOLD MY 89 CABO 226. $35K. I am attaching a video overview of the entire boat below.
Engine hrs were about 1800-1900 on Yamaha F250. New fuel tank, hoses, wiring, many modifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torrn

Lifeislarge

Sep 25, 2019
Jax Beach
Name
Erik Batsford
Boat
Cabo 216 Cuddycon
SOLD MY 89 CABO 226. $35K. I am attaching a video overview of the entire boat below.
Engine hrs were about 1800-1900. New fuel tank, hoses, wiring, many modifications.
What engine is on that? And what are the main differences between the 216 and 226? How much tab did you need to use with the bracket and what height did you mount it? Sorry for all the questions. Glad you got decent money for the boat though.

Reactions: 909MARIO

cliff_fishes

Fishing when I can
Mar 11, 2006
Lakewood
www.youtube.com
Name
Clifford Friend
Boat
216 Cabo 1985 E-TICKET
Anybody know were to order a boat cover for the 216 ? I know there must be another boat type like the Cabo that's similar. Help tired of the leaves.

IMG_4699.jpg

909MARIO

Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
Homeless
What engine is on that? And what are the main differences between the 216 and 226? How much tab did you need to use with the bracket and what height did you mount it? Sorry for all the questions. Glad you got decent money for the boat though.
250 HP Yamaha , Trim Tab use depends on gear fuel people and other factors but I don't use much Trim. Couldn't tell you how high I mounted the bracket, sorry. Mounting height depends on bracket angle and many brackets have different angles.

Mike_I

May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
I had to have a custom made two piece cover for my boat because of the windshield and T Top I have. It's been over ten years so I'm sure the guy that made it is long gone. If I remember correctly I called several canvas shops and found the guy. He did a very good job, it's held up so far. Mine is sunbrella, make sure the cover you get is made with good thread. I remember the guy telling me the darker the color the better it will hold up to the UV.

Anybody know were to order a boat cover for the 216 ? I know there must be another boat type like the Cabo that's similar. Help tired of the leaves.

View attachment 1206966

Last edited:
Reactions: cliff_fishes

Dean O

Sep 13, 2020
Clatskanie, Oregon
Name
Dean Olsen
Boat
Cabo cuddycon 216
I ended up redoing it because the original decal doesn't use the number 1, and when my non designers eye didn't pick up on that I thought I was good. When I put my first version up against the original on the boat it showed itself. The number really messed up the spacing. Now it's right. Who knew logo designers did that???

If anyone wants the first version I'll ship them out for $40. With a steady hand and razor blade you could probably fix the 1. Or just use them as is...View attachment 1204852

View attachment 1204856
I am still interested in getting a set of decals for my boat. Is there someone I need to contact ? I would like to get the revised version also. Thanks for your time. Dean O.

corbinhames

Aug 10, 2020
Ventura California...
Name
Corbin
Boat
ocean
for the Cabo owners! Any of you replace the center console doors from wood to plastic? Cut out is 10 1/2 by 13 1/2 on mine and can’t seem to find any doors that fit, some are close but would need to be cut more

Lifeislarge

Sep 25, 2019
Jax Beach
Name
Erik Batsford
Boat
Cabo 216 Cuddycon
for the Cabo owners! Any of you replace the center console doors from wood to plastic? Cut out is 10 1/2 by 13 1/2 on mine and can’t seem to find any doors that fit, some are close but would need to be cut more
When I was considering doing the same I searched high and low for hatches that would fit but came up empty. Finally just replicated the teak and am happy with the results.

Split Decision

Split Decision
Mar 30, 2005
Downey, CA
Name
Jim Hendricks
Boat
Cabo 216
Corbin... Just DM'd you. I used Bomar watertight plastic hatches from West Marine. Get the ones closest to the existing door cutout. You will need to fill in the corners a bit with some Marine Tex -- easy job -- as the radius is different. No cutting necessary. You can also order custom doors in King Starboard from Boat Outfitters -- https://www.boatingmag.com/story/how-to/replacing-old-teak-doors-and-frames-on-a-boat/. These will be more expensive than the Bomar hatches, but will be a perfect fit.

ochunter

Mar 21, 2009
Huntington beach
Name
Zac
Boat
26ft, cabo, contenta
Does anyone have experience with the fuel sending unit? the access point is about 6" inches away, and I only have about 4" of clearance to the deck... Option 1- Cut a new access hatch :(. Option 2- Find out if it is low profile enough to pull it out at an angle... Please share your experiences.. Thank you
VideoCapture_20201021-071824.jpg
VideoCapture_20201021-071614.jpg
VideoCapture_20201021-071638.jpg
VideoCapture_20201021-071824.jpg

Split Decision

Split Decision
Mar 30, 2005
Downey, CA
Name
Jim Hendricks
Boat
Cabo 216
Does anyone have experience with the fuel sending unit? the access point is about 6" inches away, and I only have about 4" of clearance to the deck... Option 1- Cut a new access hatch :(. Option 2- Find out if it is low profile enough to pull it out at an angle... Please share your experiences.. Thank youView attachment 1214469View attachment 1214466View attachment 1214468View attachment 1214469
You need to unbolt the seat console and slide it back to access the sending unit.

Last edited:

Mike_I

May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
I've also wondered about that. I replaced my tank years ago but don't know how many gallons it holds. I'm attaching two items that will add more confusion. Could the total tank volume be 105 including the reserve but 90 with the fuel switch in the main position.

For these Cabo 216’s. What were the factor tank size options? I have seen a mix of folks relaxing with 90-95gal and 105-110 gal, what were the factory options?

Attachments