Kirk951

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Mine only has 700hrs so I guess I should be good for awhile. My old cabo had almost 2000 when it locked up.
The 1990 200hp I'm taking off has 1134 hours and started right up after sitting for about 7 years. I'm selling it for $1500 with the controls. I also have a Navcom 1420 system with pump for sale.

R&R

May 12, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Rob
Boat
CABO 226
The 1990 200hp I'm taking off has 1134 hours and started right up after sitting for aboutyears. I'm selling it for $1500 with the controls. I also have a Navcom 1420 system with pump for sale.
No thanks I need to make mine last longer and possibly step up like your doing eventually. Keep us posted on how that new motor works out I was looking into the evinrudes. Also what shop are you using?

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
No thanks I need to make mine last longer and possibly step up like your doing eventually. Keep us posted on how that new motor works out I was looking into the evinrudes. Also what shop are you using?
It's at Cal-Kona-Marine in Oceanside

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
When I get mine done in a couple of weeks come over to my place and check it out

Mike_I

May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
Thanks for the info. I must be at least the third owner. I bought it from a different person in San Diego, he named it mexico 1 I bought my boat 14 or 15 years ago and changed the name to first love.

Yes I do, your boat was originally owned by Scott and Anita Reos. They lived in Palmdale. The boat's name was: " I Need A" .
Please update us with the boat now. Also I their original address and phone I can pm you if would like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bparker1225

GregorXr

Oct 5, 2012
Temecula
Name
Robin Boyer
Boat
Patients Boat!
Gearshifter you get my pm? I bet we will be seeing a lot of cabos this year!

pescadorable

Jun 27, 2009
Orange
Name
Tony
Boat
Cabo 216 The Fish Taco
IMG_2688.jpg
I have a 1985 216 myself Its been repowered with a new 150 yamaha 4 stroke completely rewired with marine grade shielded wiring new fuel cell and updated electronics i've owned the boat since about 89 or 90 there abouts from what I understand it came from a gentleman from Oregon and I think its the 6th one built but then again I might be wrong perhaps someone can shed some light on this its very interesting.
The original owner had named the boat Lunker Lander if it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirk951

GregorXr

Oct 5, 2012
Temecula
Name
Robin Boyer
Boat
Patients Boat!
Shoot me a text when you get a chance gearshifter ill tell you whats going on. Thamk you. 951 692 6854. Robin

909MARIO

Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
CABO 226 (Yamaha F250)
My 226 I picked up last month is in the shop now getting a new 250hp Etec.
Good choice. I have a 2007 Yam 250. The 226 sits ass heavy compared to a 216, but I think it is dues to the extra fiberglass on the enclosed transom. When on plane its not an issue and I love having the extra power, I can cruise at a lower RPM. My plan is to have a full floatation Armstrong bracket built. This will help in several ways, on anchor or drift the transoms will float a few inches higher offsetting the weight of the motor. Also gives me a place to put my kill bag. Also helps because I will have a spot for a built in ladder so my kids can snorkel at the island or get on and off innertubes. For now the boat sits ok , the scupper drains are just above the water line even with the bait tanks on. Occasionally I get water flowing up into the scupper if I'm in reverse going fast. To prevent that I have kayak scupper plugs in and I can pull them easy if needed. You might want a prop that will help you stay on plane at lower Rpm's and will help lift the transoms. I'm using the 4 blade stainless Mercury Revolution with a 19P.

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ships & Giggles (32' double decker pontoon)
here are a few pic's of my uncles boat... it has a tower too but he took it off to do some upgrades to it... also a shot of the H.I.N. so you cabo guru's can figure out what #256 it is. BTW he put trim tabs on it last year and he cant believe that they did not come standard... completely changed how the boat handles for the better... I cant imagine that because I thought it was one of the best if not the best riding boat I have ever been on before the tabs where on it!

0614160838.jpg
0614160839.jpg
0614160838a.jpg

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Good choice. I have a 2007 Yam 250. The 226 sits ass heavy compared to a 216, but I think it is dues to the extra fiberglass on the enclosed transom. When on plane its not an issue and I love having the extra power, I can cruise at a lower RPM. My plan is to have a full floatation Armstrong bracket built. This will help in several ways, on anchor or drift the transoms will float a few inches higher offsetting the weight of the motor. Also gives me a place to put my kill bag. Also helps because I will have a spot for a built in ladder so my kids can snorkel at the island or get on and off innertubes. For now the boat sits ok , the scupper drains are just above the water line even with the bait tanks on. Occasionally I get water flowing up into the scupper if I'm in reverse going fast. To prevent that I have kayak scupper plugs in and I can pull them easy if needed. You might want a prop that will help you stay on plane at lower Rpm's and will help lift the transoms. I'm using the 4 blade stainless Mercury Revolution with a 19P.
Getting my boat tomorrow with the new motor, radar, and fish finder. Should have it all together next week.

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Here is a few pages out of a brochure for a 216 Cabo Cuddycon.
Putting the finishing touches on 226 tomorrow. Planning a test run on the lake Thursday...pics of the finished product end of the week.

Reactions: bman440440

oceanski

Oct 6, 2015
Valley Center
Name
Taylor O
Boat
2003 Davis Bahia
Here are a few pics of my 1987 Cabo 216 with the original Yamaha Excel and 25 kicker. I will be repowering in the near future with a Yamaha 200 I4 4 stroke. See the CF numbers in pic #3.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish

justfishin89

HANA PA'A!!!
Oct 11, 2012
Pearl City HI / Choctaw OK
Name
Jason
Boat
Ranger Z119C
View attachment 767739 I have a 1985 216 myself Its been repowered with a new 150 yamaha 4 stroke completely rewired with marine grade shielded wiring new fuel cell and updated electronics i've owned the boat since about 89 or 90 there abouts from what I understand it came from a gentleman from Oregon and I think its the 6th one built but then again I might be wrong perhaps someone can shed some light on this its very interesting.
The original owner had named the boat Lunker Lander if it helps.

NICE RIG

cliff_fishes

Fishing when I can
Mar 11, 2006
Lakewood
www.youtube.com
Name
Clifford Friend
Boat
216 Cabo 1985 E-TICKET
I have a 1985 216 made May 1985 number 003 (see pic)(003D585)
cabo216num003.JPG
also I have modified my scuppers out with a rubber door, keeps the fish boxes and bilge dry, no more water in, but out it goes. Still have both DC27 batteries in back too. Also had to put on a jack plate on the Yamaha 200 HPDI so it wouldn't hit. No problem with all the weight.
cabo216plug.JPG

Reactions: stangclassic66

ondazeoff

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 4, 2007
San Diego
Name
Jack
Boat
Cabo 226 w/ Honda 225 "DOUBLE TROUBLE"
I have a 1989 226 and will post pics and info in the next couple of days. I have a question regarding the fish boxes, anchor locker, and bilge access on the deck. Has anyone modified these to actually latch so you don't have to deal with the slamming and bouncing of the doors when underway? Any input is appreciated.

Jack

SeaHawk IV

Jan 15, 2008
United States of America
Name
A
Boat
I have a 1989 226 and will post pics and info in the next couple of days. I have a question regarding the fish boxes, anchor locker, and bilge access on the deck. Has anyone modified these to actually latch so you don't have to deal with the slamming and bouncing of the doors when underway? Any input is appreciated.

Jack
I used a white color EPDM weather door seal on the mating surface to soften the blow when the hatch door gets dropped and also to prevent them from bouncing. I installed it on all the hatch doors except for the anchor locker and cabin hatch.

The best size was the was 1/8" H x 5/16"W. It does a great job in sealing and it's very inexpensive. I doesn't add any stress on the hinges since it's quite thin. Home Depot use to carry Frost King Brand but they don't have this size at my local HD any longer. I recently found the exact one by a different manufacture at Ganahl Lumber.

Looks exactly like the brown weather stripping in the first photo and on the bottom right corner.
http://www.rubbersealstrips.com/epdm-door-seal-with-tape.html