pescadorzih

Almost A Member
  • Aug 1, 2012
    PA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    None
    Went out yesterday with Jaime offshore. We initially were headed up the Pacific side, when Jaime decided it didn't feel right with the cooler water.
    We headed back down to the East of Cabo were boats had been finding porpoise.
    When we finally found the porpoise with the rest of the fleet, Jaime set out some artificials and prepped a pitch bait.
    He had me get around in front of the school of porpoise and pitched the bait. It wasn't 10 seconds and we were hooked up. 13 minutes later, Bloody deck! Tuna #1 in the boat. Not getting skunked today.
    Tried to get in position again, but the porpoise kept changing directions. Jaime decided to rig a kite.
    Once it was up, we found a school again and Jaime dropped the bait down. He had a short strike and we had to reposition again. Next time around, another hookup. 15 minutes later, another tuna in the box.
    We tried to get another but the porpoise scattered and it was difficult to get on them. As soon as you got near, they would sound and you had to see where they would pop up again.
    It was after 12 and Jaime decided to start heading in and look for more porpoise on the way in. I was just nodding off when he throttled back and said he would more porpoise. I looked up and several BIG tuna boiled the surface.
    Jaime threw a pitch bait and it was immediately eaten. It dove and put on a blistering run. It wanted to stay with the rest of the school. It surfaced about 30 Mts from the boat, but them sounded again. Jaime estimated 150#+.
    It was a 2.5hr tug a war, before it sounded on a blistering run and parted the leader.>:(
    My cooler is full for the trip home, so I'm a happy camper.

On a side note. Cabo is safe, come on down! They are being very cautious and cleaning everything. Only issue are the Americans, not abiding by the Mexican rules and masking up. They have more patience than I would if I were them.
    They were locked down and don't want to be again. They need the money and want you here. GOPR0135_1.gifGP010136_1.gif

Upvote 0

LarryHaynes

Love to fish!
  • Jun 22, 2010
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Name
    Larry Haynes
    Boat
    None
    Congratulations on a great trip and thanks for pics!!

The brother is just fricking bad ass, period!!

Can’t wait to fish with him again.

He always seems to get the job done, day after day, after day.

Come on 19 October....

Larry Haynes

Reactions: pescadorzih
    Upvote 0

Chernus

Jul 14, 2016
    Long Beach
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Boston Whaler
    Can you let me know what outfit Jaime runs? Heading down for a second annual trip and trying to find new people to fish with.

Thanks

Upvote 0

pescadorzih

Almost A Member
  • Aug 1, 2012
    PA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    None
    Jessicasportfishing.com
    Super panga with twin 115's and now a Cabo 35 in the stable.
    I went on the super panga. Nice, fast, comfortable ride. His equipment is top notch and he works harder than anyone I've ever fished with, in 30yrs of fishing, in MX.

Upvote 0

FishEnz

Jun 21, 2020
    Utah
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Triton tr-21 250 merc.
    I'm heading down there this December trying to get ahold of him but the number I have is saying disconnected try number again ! Does anyone know if hes changed it lately? He is hardworking captain and gets on the fish. Great trip and great job !

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Does Jessie run the Cabo 35 and what is he charging for a day trip on each of the two boats?

Upvote 0

Charlie Plum

Jan 6, 2017
    Minnesota
    Name
    Charlie Plum
    Boat
    Carlos
    I'm heading down there this December trying to get ahold of him but the number I have is saying disconnected try number again ! Does anyone know if hes changed it lately? He is hardworking captain and gets on the fish. Great trip and great job !
    You can call me 651-334-5945

Upvote 0