Cabo 226 Cuddycon Repower

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by Carpfisher, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Carpfisher

Carpfisher Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
    Well, The used motor thing just isn't working out for me.
    While handing over 8+ G's for a used motor with no warranty may turn out fine for some 90% of the time, with my luck, I'll be the one on the shit end 10%.
    Thinking about putting a 2018 2.8L F200 Yamaha behind my Cabo. Guy Schneider loves his Df200 Suzuki 4cyl,
    I'm not a fan of 600+#'s hanging off that bracket and I'm glad to be rid of my old set up and looking forward to the new.
    I'm sure with Brians help at Valley Prop, It will work just fine. Any others out there have a 4 cyl. on their 226?
    Open to all comments, good or bad....

repo805 likes this.
  2. TAPOUT

TAPOUT Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Cabo 48 FB "Outlaw", Yellowfin 26 Hybrid "Boomer"
    What HP is it rated for?

3. Trayscool

Trayscool Captain

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    NO BOATS
    What motor did you put on there?

We have a 225 ox66 on a 216. Hauls ass, even fully loaded.

4. dwaynesda

dwaynesda dwayne

Name:
    dwayne
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    The Cabos were rated up to 225hp. I have 2 Cabos, one here in the states and another in San Quintin where the runs are not much farther than 25 miles off shore. The one up here has a 2002 F200 6 cylinder motor and it runs great still to this day. The one in San Quintin has a newer F150 and it does well for all the local runs topping out at about 35mph with bait tanks full and 2 guys and their gear on board with boxes full of fish. I think the newer 4 cylinder, 200 that you are looking at will work just fine.

My friend with a Cabo 216 has the same motor you are looking at and he loves it.

5. oceanski

oceanski Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Taylor O
    Boat:
    2003 Davis Bahia
    I have two buddies with 226’s.

1 - Guy’s 200 Suzuki pushes it wonderful, it’s quiet and very fuel efficient.

2 - Etec 250 the boat absolutely flies. Overpowered in my opinion but sometimes going fast is fun. I’m sure a 200 would suffice.

From what I remember from doing research when I was repowering my 216 is the 4 cylinder Yamaha is a weak 200 and performs under 200 on the dyno. I wouldn’t think twice about going with a Zuke. Talk to Guy, he did everything right on his repower and restoration.

repo805 likes this.