Cabo 216

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Buyer found a boat a lot closer before he could see mine in person so it is still for sale.

bajapro

Oct 4, 2009
banning, ca
Name
jim crosby
Boat
216 cabo cuddycon
THIS IS A GREAT DEAL EVEN IF YOU HAVE GO TO THE EAST COAST. WHEN I WAS DONE WITH MY REMODEL ON 216 CABO I HAD 42K INVESTED. BOAT LOOKS GREAT GLWS, JIM

Mark Slawson

Jun 11, 2015
Name
Mark
Boat
Proline 25 Sport
Great looking boat! I have one waiting for me in Mexico. Just need to get down and make the purchase. Your ad has given me a great look at all the features of this boat. Thanks a Bunch! Mark

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
THIS IS A GREAT DEAL EVEN IF YOU HAVE GO TO THE EAST COAST. WHEN I WAS DONE WITH MY REMODEL ON 216 CABO I HAD 42K INVESTED. BOAT LOOKS GREAT GLWS, JIM
That must have been one hell of a 216, wish I could see it. Pretty sure I am around the 25k mark with mine...

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Bump for having three people interested but nobody making a deposit, between that and health troubles, it has been an interesting week...

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Amazingly it is still for sale, showed it once this week and he and his wife loved it, even had me take their picture on the boat.
So currently, it is not promised to anyone and remains at 17k.

On a totally unrelated subject, stomach troubles suck, but getting them diagnosed sucks worse.....that is all.

Reactions: chumm

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Very true, it is super clean but the economy in FL is pretty weak, unlikely it will sell before I leave.

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Only thing stopping me from buying is the location. You'd be hard pressed to keep it on the market for more than a week here in San Diego. They are highly sought after.

stella marina

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 21, 2011
santa cruz
Name
Andrew
Boat
Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
maybe this is worth the plane ticket out there.

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
If I was not facing two more procedures on my stomach in August I would not sell it, spent a bunch making it reliable and safe.

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
will be back in town Monday and assuming all goes well, I will get busy advertising it but I thought I would drop a heads up here first.

Matt

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
First procedure tomorrow (bleah), boat is available and ready to go anytime, 17k s a great price for one this clean with low low hours.

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
maybe this is worth the plane ticket out there.
Another way you can go--I did this--get a marine surveyor to go over, and he can look it over better than you or I. Send you digital shots, give you a full assessment. If it were me, the big thing I would want them to check is possible penetration of water into the foam. It is probably pretty dry, but you never know. People don't bother to seal their hatches and standing water can penetrate the foam. It can become like a water logged brick in there, so I would want someone who knows their stuff to check it out for me. Next, on this site, several guys have given reference to a reasonable shipper who could ship it for you. It's not super cheap, but still, if it were me, I might price it out. Just thinking out loud...

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
I may go that way, when the fuel tank was replaced it was not foamed back in and limber holes were added to make sure water cannot get trapped anywhere.
But I do get that people worry about wasting a trip to Florida, tried to find someone on this site who would be here and could take a ride or at least a look
but no luck yet. I may have to get a survey.

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Should have thought of this yesterday but I was stressing about the medical crap, if anyone knows someone close to Sarasota who knows a bit about boats, it would be nice if they could look at/ maybe go for a ride in mine and let people here know what she is like. I could take her out most anytime until sept hits then I get really busy. I do have some nice holes for snapper/trout/snook.

Thanks

Matt

wilcom

Jul 7, 2014
Name
joe
Boat
looking
a cheap flight to Sarasota and a u-haul truck with fuel and you could tow it back to socal in 4 days and about $2k

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
I may go that way, when the fuel tank was replaced it was not foamed back in and limber holes were added to make sure water cannot get trapped anywhere.
But I do get that people worry about wasting a trip to Florida, tried to find someone on this site who would be here and could take a ride or at least a look
but no luck yet. I may have to get a survey.
Well, your Cabo looks just great--and I seriously doubt a surveyor would find anything wrong. And I meant to add that anyone who thinks they may buy the boat--should ask for the surveyor at their expense, not yours. In fact, you "can't win for loosing" cause if you buy a survey up front, then the surveyor works for you--not appropriate, or so I was told by a marine surveyor the one time I used one. If it were me, as a potential buyer, I would hire a marine surveyor, my expense, to go have a look, then report to me the findings. Next step, buy the boat and then get a shipper to bring it over. I did this once, and it all worked out great.
a cheap flight to Sarasota and a u-haul truck with fuel and you could tow it back to socal in 4 days and about $2k
That's a great idea, but I heard (maybe wrong?) that U-haul does not allow you to tow with their trucks. Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right, cause I would like to do the same thing in the near future.

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
All msgs responded to, will detail the boat tomorrow and will be happy to take pictures of anything I missed.

Was a good thought on the surveyor, you probably do not want him working for me but for you.

If anyone has a pal that knows boats in the Sarasota area I am happy to show the boat to them.

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Small update on the boat, had an interested party and went through the boat to get it ready, found a couple things did not work.
First was easy, anchor light bulb was bad 99 cents and it is fixed, second I did not escape so easily, stereo would not turn on.
pulled the panels to get to the back and sure enough, it had power going to it. Head unit was dead - it was a 2000 so it lasted pretty well,
burned up some West Marine coupons and some cash and now it has a brand new loaded head unit. Pandora, Sirius, CD, Bluetooth etc
If the weather cooperates I will be detailing it and rebedding a couple hatch hinges. Now officially there is only one component on the boat I have not replaced and that is the VHF which works fine and I always have a handheld with me anyway. So everything is working well, boat started up after a month easily, I do not think she will
be around much longer, it is an awful lot of super clean boat for the money.

Matt