New bronze through hull for washdown
New bilge pump
New accurate fuel sender
New multifunction guage
New hour meter when motor was replaced
New Lowrance hds-7 gen 2 touchscreen with lss-2 package
New windscreen
4 New speakers for high power Clarion stereo - sounds great
All teak replaced with starboard - this is a fishing boat, I want to fish not polish teak
All safety/navigation lights replaced and new wires run
Bluetooth module added
power port for cell phones/laptops etc I use it for a hand held spotlight when fishing at night.
Twin transducers with basic nmea 2000 network
4 bow bimini with westmark cover and quick releases
Brand new high pressure fuel pump and spark plugs after breakin was complete
Trailer is an Owens ans Son with recarpeted bunks, new lights, new wires, new jack,
twin torsion axles and functioning surge brakes. ** New trailer see below**
Rear turnbuckle tie downs added and heavy safety chain added, 4 bearing buddys added
The Cabo has a HUGE amount of storage/compartments:
2 25 gallon lifewells with lights
2 fishboxes that run the length of the cockpit, @8 ft by 14 in by 12 in
Large comparment between live wells, I keep muffs and washdown hose there and it is basically empty
Twin coolers under rear seat
Large comparment under console that hold both batteries and charger
More storage under front seat
3 large storage bin in the cuddy which also has twin berths and its own lighting
Anchor locker which holds a 16 lb Dansforth and 125 ft on anchor line with 6 feet of chain and still has space for a backup
@16 rod holders spread throughout the boat
Boat is pretty fast and surprisingly efficient, trimmed right, best cruise will get you @3 mpg, thats a 300 mile range
with 100 gallons of fuel and 650 lbs of humans and a little gear, she does 45 mph, with a lighter load she will probably do 50 but I have not tried.
Prop was changed to a stainless 4 blade, works great and jumps on plane very easily
Handles the rough stuff very well and is fast enough to get you out of trouble.
I had the third through hull added, (bottom was right at an inch thick where the hole was made) so each live well has its own, as does the washdown pump.
All work was prefessionally done, with receipts to back it up
Boat is in exceptional condition, stainless looks great, gelcoat looks great, no soft spots anywhere boat needs nothing
and should provide years of reliable service if you keep up with the maintenance.
No bottom paint ever on this boat
Already have been asked why I'm selling it, in a year I have put 16 hours on it, just not enough fishing time, I still enjoy it but would be better off with a project to tinker with
and this one is totally done.
**Have just added a brand new load rite trailer, will post pictures shortly**
Trailer drove from Atlanta to Sarasota then I bought it, 500 miles on it.
Price is dropped to 17k firm - I leave early in july so if you want it, better hurry!
Old trailer is sold
Boat is under my car port in Sarasota and inspections/sea trials are welcome
Contact me at 941-713-01three8

IMG_0534 (Small).JPG

IMG_0536 (Small).JPG

IMG_0537 (Small).JPG

IMG_0538 (Small).JPG

IMG_0540 (Small).JPG

Last edited:

forefrazier

Captain
Jun 14, 2007
OC
Name
Steve Frazier
Boat
Cabo 226
Any pics of interior? Really wish you were on the other coast.

Reactions: Gil Marlin

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Sorry have been lazy about checking during the holidays, boat is still for sale and photos of about anything on the boat are available.

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
I will deliver anywhere within 200 miles free, if possible I would like you to see it in person and maybe take a test ride first.
If you are super far away I will take it to the shipping depot of your choice but the cost of shipping it is on you.
Since posting the add I have had the anchor locker refinished, a couple non skid sections added, and a couple minor scrapes repaired, she is looking great.
Limited out on snapper a few days ago, engine hours have gone up to 12.

Matt

909MARIO

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
CABO 226 (Yamaha F250)
He's done all the work that this boat needs. I know because I own one. this is a good price. Somebody's going to be real happy with this.

Halibut Howie

Member Since 2003
May 22, 2003
San Diego
Name
Halibut Howie
Boat
1987 Cabo 216/F150 "Have Boat Will Travel"
Great ocean going boat. I've owned an 1987 Cabo216 since 2003. Since I deep sea fish here in San Diego about 30-40 times per year, I'm guessing I've got about 350+ (oops) deep sea and local fishing adventures with her. Going out tomorrow into Mexican waters to slew the rockfish. Weather forecast is for a 5' W swell, S wind gusts to 20k with 4-5' wind swell and showers. The rockfish will be abiting. This hull is weather proven on this side of the coast since it was first introduced back in 1986. Oh did I say I get almost 4 mpg at 26mph. So with a 105 gal fuel tank you can go quite awhile before refueling. Also do not use trim tabs.

Snooze you lose!

Last edited:

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Great ocean going boat. I've owned an 1987 Cabo216 since 2003. Since I deep sea fish here in San Diego about 30-40 times per year, I'm guessing I've got about 4000 deep sea and local fishing adventures with her. Going out tomorrow into Mexican waters to slew the rockfish. Weather forecast is for a 5' W swell, S wind gusts to 20k with 4-5' wind swell and showers. The rockfish will be abiting. This hull is weather proven on this side of the coast since it was first introduced back in 1986. Oh did I say I get almost 4 mpg at 26mph. So with a 105 gal fuel tank you can go quite awhile before refueling. Also do not use trim tabs.

Snooze you lose!

Enjoyed reading your boats thread when I was working on mine. It looks great.

Matt

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
New trailer, old one for sale shortly, had to raise price abit but whole package is basically new now. Will add pictures with changes soon.

rbfishn

May 15, 2012
Rialto,Ca
Name
Reggie
Boat
I've been trying to put the cash together to come get that thing from you. I really want it. When I'm ready I hope I'm not a day late and a dollar short. That's a bad ass rig

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
here are a couple shots, sorry about the bad photos, no time and only a cell phone handy.

hopefully these work

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
New trailer tows great, had to buy a new mount and spare, old trailer had different size wheels.....

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Anyone have any idea what the cost would be to ship a boat cost to coast? FL to CA specifically...

Tippy

Dec 25, 2013
Sarasota
Name
Matt
Boat
Moneypit
Had her out again, ran perfect. Now has 16 hours, went out by myself and with light tackle and 1/4 tank of fuel - hit 49 mph by the gps.
Filled her up(300 bucks ouch) so she is very ready to go to a new home.