Dan Salazar

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2014
Costa Mesa
Name
Dan Salazar
Boat
Hammer Time
Just got around to adding some new goodies on the boat before things really get started on our local offshore banks. I installed a new Simrad GO7 to link to the GO9 unit. When using the Radar at night I didn't like the split screen to view Radar and Chart data. Now I run the Radar on the GO9 and Chart data on the GO7. Much better for picking up targets with the larger view.

I also installed the Simrad R35 with AIS for additional safety as well as knowing where the fleet is so you can avoid all the traffic.

Really liking how everything linking together, so easy.

View attachment 1058919 View attachment 1058920
Does the go9 Simrad allow for radar overlay on the chart?

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Hey Dan in order to get chart overlay on Radar you need to get a GS 25 which I do not have. I only use my Radar to detect objects on the water while traveling at night and cluster of boats in a specific area along with AIS.

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
A little tricky to find a kit for the Seastar one, but there out there. My front seal was leaking. Changed seal. No leak. Also I have Seastar I tilt. The tilt mechanism extends the front mount helm out a bit farther than non tilt. Driving position would benefit if my steering wheel was a couple inches fore. Does anyone else have tilt or is it just a 226 thing. How many inches of clearance between the wheel and the buddy on a non tilt ?

Dan Salazar

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2014
Costa Mesa
Name
Dan Salazar
Boat
Hammer Time
Hey Dan in order to get chart overlay on Radar you need to get a GS 25 which I do not have. I only use my Radar to detect objects on the water while traveling at night and cluster of boats in a specific area along with AIS.

Dan Salazar

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2014
Costa Mesa
Name
Dan Salazar
Boat
Hammer Time
I have two 7 in evo2 with this radar dome and I'm able to do the overlay
I haven't set up the AIS which I think is a nice safety feature and I like to have20200208_101100.jpg

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
A little tricky to find a kit for the Seastar one, but there out there. My front seal was leaking. Changed seal. No leak. Also I have Seastar I tilt. The tilt mechanism extends the front mount helm out a bit farther than non tilt. Driving position would benefit if my steering wheel was a couple inches fore. Does anyone else have tilt or is it just a 226 thing. How many inches of clearance between the wheel and the buddy on a non tilt ?
Carpfisher I think he was talking about trying to repair the original Teleflex Helm which there are no parts available for rebuilding that cylinder. Seastar has plenty of components in a number of providers.

When I installed a new Seastar Helm pump it stuck out at least 2” further than the original equipment one.

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Rodger that. My helm is working. Just old and was leaking. Curious as to how many inches away yours is now. Ill have to check mine next time.
Thanks Rustman..

Errin

Snorkeler
Jun 22, 2015
Santa Barbara
Name
Errin
Boat
Cabo 216
Dude that 2-stroke was SO CLEAN. Looked like you pulled it out of a time machine!

Can't believe you got rid of it I am having a blast flying all over SoCal with this 2-stroke! My cruising speed is 27 knots at 4200 rpms and I'm getting a little over 2 mpg with the boat full of gas and weighted down with two guys, ice and spearfishing gear. We did over 208 nautical miles two weeks ago and had gas to spare.

Everything else you've done looks primo!

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Hey Errin yes I pulled the trigger a little quick on that and probably could have used that motor for a long time, but I am a converted 4 stroke guy for many years now.

My fuel economy with the Honda BF 150 has never been under 3.2 MPG fully loaded and I get 4.2 MPG lightly loaded on local trips. No smoke, no oil to mess with and best of all I can hear my friends talk and listen to music, LOL