CA Halibut

bluefin69

• Apr 28, 2021
    Torrance
    Name
    Rizzo
    Boat
    Time Out
    Is anyone willing to give up some decent spots to go for Halibut from shore. Looking for spots in LA and OC counties. Any advice on locations, gear, and tactics is gladly appreciated.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    The bridge at seal Beach river jetty Bolsa Chica river jetty at the base of HB cliffs and numerous spots in between, one hour before and after the tide change.

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Long Beach shore line and marina has yield some keepers. White jigs like a 1/2oz buck tail with some strip frozen squid or even frozen squid whole. Good luck let me know how you do...
    1621360423641.png

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    Go to the Fish and Wildlife site, print out a grunion run calendar; fish the beaches on grunion runs to increase your luck...I pick the days with incoming high tides early am for spearfishing and rod/reel...the 3rd or 4th day is best, as the flatties are up shallow in 30' or less, laying fat and lazy from stuffing on grunion...they still bite...

Reactions: bdogie1
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Front and backside of kelp in sandy flat bottom, anchovies, 3 way swivel set up.

Upvote 0

ILovetoFish

Apr 11, 2021
    California
    Name
    Mat
    Boat
    No
    Calissa is a good copy of the Lucky Craft, and its cheaper. Both work really well for halibut. Highly recommend them. Use those codes from the content creators and you can get even more money off. As for fishing spots, explore your local beaches and drive around. Once you put in enough hours, you will eventually find your own little honey hole, and it will feel great.

Reactions: dsl
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    Is anyone willing to give up some decent spots to go for Halibut from shore. Looking for spots in LA and OC counties. Any advice on locations, gear, and tactics is gladly appreciated.
    Just outside of Angels gate ,
    I have caught some, just watch out for boat traffic.

Upvote 0

Latest posts