C70 Fish Finder Question

sunger

Jul 19, 2009
Dove Canyon, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
28' Bertram Gemni
I just had a new C70 fish finder installed on my 28' Bertram, and I can not find where the water temp is shown. Anyone have a C70 who can help?
Thanks
Steve Unger
Dana Point

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Does your transducer have the temp feature? want transducer do you have? also there is a data bar set up that you may have to configure to show the temp reading.

Gary

rmanc

rman
Jul 23, 2008
Irvine, CA
Name
Ruben
Boat
Skipjack 25 Diesel
It can be confusing even with the user manual. I had the same problem but figured it out messing around with it on the water. Anyway, as the previous post mentioned make sure the transducer you are using supports sea temp. Then do the following:

1. Press the MENU button
2. Select "Databar setup"
3. Highlight the configure option but do not press any button after doing so.
4. Now, this is where its tricky, look at the bottom left of the screen. You will see an option that will say Add Data. Press the left most button on the bottom of the screen (the one below where it says add data).
5. Another menu will pop up. You can then select environment and then the sea temp option. On this same menu you can add wind, swell, etc. if you have the applicable sensors.

Again the key are steps 3 and 4, then it will be straight forward on the screen.

Hope this helps....

H.N.C.F

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 26, 2005
San Diego
Name
Neil
Boat
Tiara 3100 Open
Just a quick note...I have a C80 (I use it to view my fish finder, GPS, Chart plotter and Radar) and it took me at least 2 hours to program/customize all the different screens to get it to where I wanted. I would recomend getting out the manual and playing around with it for an afternoon until you have all the screens customized the way you want. Then go fish and modify it again accordingly.

rmanc

rman
Jul 23, 2008
Irvine, CA
Name
Ruben
Boat
Skipjack 25 Diesel
Exactly what H.N.F.C said...mine is a C80 as well...I've had it for a while now, read manual several times, but every time I go out and play around with it I learn something new....lots of great things you can do with it...get the navionics card for it...well worth it...

skifisher

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 9, 2007
So Cal
Name
Paul
Boat
Skipjack 24FB
All of the above, make sure you have the temp feature, read setup directions, configure data bar. I have the dsm 300 with p66 transducer and love it.

lucas2

Aug 10, 2009
san diego
Name
lucas2
Boat
24 ft skipjack
Are there any good threads here about using the fishfinder on the C80. I just got one a couple trips ago, and haven't had much luck using it. Seems like even when I am catching fish, nothing is on the screen. It does work, because it shows bottom depth and sea temp.

HeyDaad

Sep 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA
Name
Ferg
Boat
30' Monterey, the Holo-Nui
Your C70 should have come with a plastic laminated card (2 sided 8 1/2 x 11) that has quick set-up and basic settings, etc. ... if it wasn't in the documentation, PM me and I'll scan it for you. RayMarine has pretty good info. package available online on it's website too.