jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
I have read good things about this boat--but can't really sort out how good they might be for fishing. I'm talking about rail space to mount rod holders, things like that. And room for a bait tank, etc.
I have a chance to buy one (22 foot model), but it is out of state; anyone know where I can actually go and look at one--anyone local who would not mind me coming down and just seeing one in person?
Thanks

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Not sure about the bigger ones but I REALLY want one of the smaller 16-18' models for local Inshore stuff just because it is such a cool little skiff. I'd imagine the bigger ones are similar, just upscaled. They have a nice layout and it seems that it would have plenty of room for fishing. Not sure that you need the full cabin and rough seas capability here in SoCal but further North it comes in handy.

Does anyone know who owns the little burgundy 15-16ft "c-dory" that resides on one of the shallow dockside slips in East Shelter Island? That is the boat I am looking for and want to talk to someone about.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
You might try this question in the Washington section. Those boats are far more popular in the pnw.

Upvote 0

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
" The grocery getter" 18ft 1996 Truline CC, Unnamed 2002 Hewescraft 179
You see them a lot up here. They tend to have the same cabin to deck space ratio regardless of length. Incredibly seaworthy but not the fastest out there. Fitting a bait tank onto the deck may very well eat up a lot of fishing space. We don't use live bait up here but I know 4 shrimp pots take up almost all the deck space on an 18fter

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Junk........

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
For sure Mike you got a boat no one can knock, I don't think. But junk?
Your right I am too harsh. I thought the design was best suited for about four lifeguards taking one out through the breakers and then rowing like hell. I remember when C-Dory's first came on the scene. Flat bottomed and went pretty good on minimum horsepower, almost like the American version of a Panga. Me , would rather have the Panga. I rescind my one word statement, as much of an incomplete sentence it is. C-Dory's are real good at getting the job done. There are many designs out there and I am sure all must have at least one or more positive attributes besides being the vehicle that gets one out on the water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0