daddysgirl

Sea-Angel
Dec 14, 2007
california
Name
bit-anne
Boat
bannana boat
I have heard that some of the big fishing boats are going to be fueling up in Ensendada...is the gas down there any good? Is it safe to go there? What is your opinion of getting fueled up there, I would really wonder how good the fuel is, and if it was very safe..but then, what do i no? your opinion please? thankx!:starwarskid5:

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
its fine. You cannot beat the price!

Make sure that your filters are well maintained and you wont have problems.

riverplayer

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 5, 2006
Riverside
Name
Ed
Boat
Osprey 30' Long Cabin "Into The Mystic"
No problems so far....Loaded up about 160 gallons the last colnett trip south and the boat ran great....Considering a price tag of 2.35 a gallon for diesel, needless to say...YUP everybody is filling up at Marina Coral!

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
How much is gas at the Coral now?

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
check out post PRICE OF DEISEL IN ENSANADA in the baja section. that will answer your questions. i would of posted the link, but i don't know how.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Yes, the Long Range boats are filling up there now, in between trips. Even though a boat may burn 40-50 gallons per hour and it's basically a day to make the run and get the fuel, it is still proving cost effective to do so. It costs them $1,000-1,200 to make the run and they still come out ahead.

Works for now, but when they start getting busy and have back to back turnaround days in a month or so, you will see an appreciable rise in fuel surcharges as they are forced to fuel up in San Diego.

2na

Aug 13, 2004
Orange County
Name
2na
Boat
--
It is sad that we the consumer can buy diesel for a hell of alot less in Ensenada than here in the US...

2na

Aug 13, 2004
Orange County
Name
2na
Boat
--
Why do we burn 50-75 gallons of fuel to try to catch a limit of 1 f'ing WSB?
Don't know man...this addition is costing more than crack and a hell of alot
more addicting...

Tinknocker

Captain
Nov 29, 2004
Olivenhain (North San Diego County)
www.tinknocker.net
Name
Stan Vath
Boat
18' WAHOO CC
We have burned thousands of gallons of Mexican diesel over several years. Never had an issue with filters or any problem. :)
It is a high sulfer diesel and not reccomended on some late model trucks/boats. Check with your mfg.
It makes the trips south pencil.:rofl::rofl:LOL

mokaction

Having Fun
Jul 30, 2006
Ventura
Name
Larry
Boat
20 FT Wilson f200 Yami OB, Keely II
Why do we burn 50-75 gallons of fuel to try to catch a limit of 1 f'ing WSB?
Don't know man...this addition is costing more than crack and a hell of alot
more addicting...
YOu know you are even luck if you catch 1 fish.. I come home 3 out of 1 with a fish..

Larry

jimm

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 31, 2003
North San Diego County
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none
In 2009, if things continue as they are, you will see boats schedule a day in in the middle of summer (every three trips or so, depending on the boat) to go down to Ensenanda to fuel. The Indy figured they would have saved over $100,000 if they could fuel in Ensenada last year!

daddysgirl

Sea-Angel
Dec 14, 2007
california
Name
bit-anne
Boat
bannana boat
thanks for the imput, I was just concerned about the safety factor, and if the fuel was good...

daddysgirl

Sea-Angel
Dec 14, 2007
california
Name
bit-anne
Boat
bannana boat
but one other question...although it is a great savings for us here,...does anyone think that it is not the American way? based on how we are treated by the Mexican Government, and the fishing laws they have put on us? i kinda find it insulting.. I would never give my money to mexico, for the way that they treat Amerians..just an observation..wsy?

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
but one other question...although it is a great savings for us here,...does anyone think that it is not the American way? based on how we are treated by the Mexican Government, and the fishing laws they have put on us? i kinda find it insulting.. I would never give my money to mexico, for the way that they treat Amerians..just an observation..wsy?
The American way? Is that the North American way or the South American way? Saving money is a no brainer.

The way they treat Americans? They permit us to be their guests and fish in their waters for some of the best fishing in the world. I hope that continues and I sincerely hope their environmental concerns continue at a high level. Protecting the resources is what it should be all about. I have already got some suggestions for them, such as implementing some size limits. Have you seen some of the small Lingcod the guys are catching and keeping from Mexican waters? How about some of the Rat/Firecracker Yellowtail that get kept? Sure it took some time and wrangling to get permits to fish the preserve area around Guadalupe. If you enjoy fishing that place, you know how special it is and that it deserves some protection.

Think globally

aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Mexico is the 3rd largest importer of OIL to the United States.

CAn you be more specific about "how it's unamaerican?"
about "how the Mexican gov't treats us on the ocean?"
"how they treat Americans?"

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
OK just keep giving it to the oil company CEO's.

I think I understand your point, but to me, "the american way" is figuring out how to get the most "bang for the buck", using your resources wisely, making smart decisions.

I think NAFTA nixed the whole "yea yea U S A" mantra.......dont get me wrong, you live in a country where YOU get to decide WHERE and WHEN you buy any commodity, like fuel......

anyway, as always, just my discounted dollar six fifty.......

WreckinBall

The sober one
Oct 18, 2004
Way up in the IE
Name
Jerry
Boat
Island Tak, Prowler, RRIII, TG80, Royal Star, etc....
as always, just my discounted dollar six fifty.......
Which is now worth just a buck forty eleven. :D

to daddysgirl: I think I get what you're saying in regards to the Mexican Government and the "fishing laws they have put on us," but if we want to play in their yard it's going to be by their rules. Those who don't like it can play elsewhere. That is the American way. BTW, I don't think we've begun to see restrictions like we will if the Colonett(sp?) super harbor is ever constructed and a landing or two goes in.

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
I'm planning on bringing back about 20 Gal's of diesel and filling all my extra boat gas cans on my next visit to Baja.

American way...... what a fucking joke, the CEO's are making record profits every year from the backs and sweat of the common American.
99% of the interaction I've had with Mexican's has been fantastic! And I plan on much more traveling in Baja.

SteveK whatch what you wish for dude, limits on size etc will only effect the Gringo fishermen. Pangero's making they're living off the ocean will not change. So understand you see 1-2 maybe 3 pictures with some undersize (in your opinion) fish. Let it go, it's like your LR guys getting into a EPIC tuna bite and killing every cow ya can get to the boat. You don't even dent the school. But if a seiner wraps the same school they are all gone.

My point here is we have great fishing in Baja waters, and I feel a good host in the Mexicans right now.

Don't poke the bear!

daddysgirl

Sea-Angel
Dec 14, 2007
california
Name
bit-anne
Boat
bannana boat
I remember when Mexico seized million dollar retirement homes from Americans a few years ago...they took the land and the houses,and made the owners leave with nothing..I know how they have treated many people who get thrown into the jails down there, forgotten and if you get hurt down in Mexico, forget it...I don't like the way that they abused dolphins, and beat and killed them and sold their 'tuna' to the U.S>..I am not saying the people are bad, because there are wonderful people who live there, but their government sucks...just my opinion, don't mean it's right...I just think that we should be sinking more money back into our own economy, not Mexico, who is ungrateful as hell....I don't like the restrictions put on the U.S. in their waters,while we have millions of their people up here working, and spending more of U.S. dollars in Mexico...I am just old fashioned I guess. buy American..sink it into your own country...from a good WOP.

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
Well Annie..... my advice is Stay Home!

Don't fish in Mexican waters, and Do Not travel south of San Ysidro.

You sound like you've thought this out for yourself, and have a informed opinion for yourself!

Hope it works out.

johnnylite

Never too late to change.
Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
Is it just me or does this whole thread seem like a setup?
Let's bash Mexico again blah,blah,blah.
Rant over and leave those poor people alone for gods sake.

daddysgirl

Sea-Angel
Dec 14, 2007
california
Name
bit-anne
Boat
bannana boat
Set up thread? No, just an American first American..I don't buy foreign cars, don't buy goods from china, U.S.A. made, nothing more, Not a racist, nothing more...but to suggest this is a 'set'up? please, I am entitled to my opinion...and no, I won't be going to buy fuel in Mexico..just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me. nuff said

daddysgirl

Sea-Angel
Dec 14, 2007
california
Name
bit-anne
Boat
bannana boat
no one is bashing Mexico here, either...what I said was true. no bashing, just facts

TonyC

Nov 1, 2007
Faifield
Name
Tony Cruz
Boat
18ft Palmer, Tiderunner
If Baja Norte ain't for you don't go. I share the opinion of baja tailhunter....more fish for me. Heading down to San Quintin this weekend, only think that scares me is the price of gas...I heard over $4.00 in L.A. area.

Also the gas, at least in Baja Norte is coming from Southern California. It's cheaper for them to get it from us, than shipping from main land Mexico.

The top four we import gas from are in order 1) Canada 2) Saudi Arabia 3) Venezuela 4) Mexico. I'm more piss about buying gas from Venezuela because all the shit talk coming from their leader regarding U.S.A.

Prices Magna Sin 87 oct. $2.35 gal., Premium 93 oct. $2.90 gal., Diesel $1.99 gal. give or take a few cents. This Feb. 2008 when I was last there.

johnnylite

Never too late to change.
Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
The thread started about saving money. Sportboats etc. then went to dolphins dying, homes being taken by Mexico, not buying anything that is not American made which is pretty much impossible by the way.

Mexico is an enigma people are great but there are problems. Doesn't help to throw fuel on the fire.
The are maybe 1172 posts about how bad it is. Stick to the original subject is all I'm saying. Is it cheaper? Yes. Is it fair quality? Yes in the North and if you know where to look. Rant over.

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
this thread is about fuel cost. deisel 207.00 a gal. i am going fishing on 4-19-08 to ensanada and will be bringing a 110 gal. tank to fill with deisel plus the 60 gal my truck holds. that is 170 gal. times $210.00 per gal. saved= $357.00. That more than pays for my fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.