the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
First, I appreciate help with knowledge/experience. Otherwise STHU.

What is the paperwork that is needed to do this properly? Trailered boat and I do have AA. California and Oregon seem to be slightly different. Here it's easy transferring title.

Can't believe I said that, California, something easy.
:rofl:

Revised after first comment:
Trailer has title similar to California, DMV. Boat is registered/managed by Oregon State Marine Board - Boats.

If you have purchase a trailered boat from Oregon, you will know what I'm asking.

Last edited:

ocsleeper

May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC
I cant imagine it being any different from buying a car. I bought a car with Oregon pink slip. Just took it to the DMV and did the normal registration paperwork here in CA.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
California requires trailer registration. Oregon doesn't.
If the trailer has an ID/VIN stamped on it, good to go @ DMV. If it doesn't, AAA wont touch it, off to the local CHP for inspection and ID/VIN plate, then back to DMV for registration and license plate & tags.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bringing my boat to Oregon: Went to AAA. Oregon AAA doesn't do DMV. I was told to call the Sheriff to make an appointment for them to come to MY HOUSE to look at the boat. "Yup. Its a boat. Heres your sticker"

gimmesum

Jul 17, 2012
Pittsburg, CA
Name
Kyle
Boat
Hooked Up
I bought my boat in Oregon 2 years ago. Registration was no biggie. Nothing different then buying it here. The trailer though, they had to inspect.

AAA wouldn't handle any of it though, even though they said they would on the phone. Had to go to DMV.

spearodafish

Aug 24, 2011
So Cal
Name
Jerry
Boat
26' Sea Ray
I looked into buying a truck up there not long ago due to no state sales tax but once they learned i was a CA resident they told me they had to charge me CA state taxes anyway. Hope you are having better luck on that front...