Buying a Mexican Fishing Permit

iconpyro

Jul 13, 2007
City of Angels
Name
Iconpyro
Boat
I wish I had one...I wouldn't be working then.
I have a real basic question. Say I go out on a Tuna Boat several times a year (say 3) and these are a 5 day, a 7 day and a 12 day. I noticed that the charters charge you about $10 day for a Mexican permit, when an annual costs $32. Can you buy your permit and skip the fees or does that look bad and you should eat the cost?

I guess when you go on a 12 day that can add $120 when you could have just got the annual for 32. Moreover, say I go on those other trips that means I will have spent 240 on permits when I could have only spent $32.

I guess with economy down and budgeting tighter I am wondering what you guys think. I think I could easily use that money to tip the crew and pay for my California permit. Let me know what you guys think. :pee:

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Mexican Fishing licence is for private boating only.

All charter boats (6-pack & moo-moo's) require to pay each time you go and the Mx. gov't does not accept you private Mx. license as a substitute.

It's a silly rule, but it's their rule and if you want to fish in their waters......... you gotta play by their rules. :(

Az.monkey

Oct 27, 2003
PQ
Visit site
Name
Karl
Boat
Which one ?
If ya ride the boat , ya pay the price regardless if you have yor 32 dollar permit, that doesnt cut it on the sporties

iconpyro

Jul 13, 2007
City of Angels
Name
Iconpyro
Boat
I wish I had one...I wouldn't be working then.
OK thanks guys. That was my curiosity answered....

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
great question !

Sep 16, 2007
glendora ca.
Name
steve huth
Boat
mike's-bill's good to have friends
the 2008 mexico fishing permits are 48.20. thay are blue with a bar code on them. last month i was in ensanada and thay were trying to sell my buddy an old one and told him just don't put a date on it it will be ok. we did not buy it.
i bought mine at sav-on tackle for 48.20 plus a 10.00 service charge. i think that was fair.

Iron thrower

Apr 20, 2006
palm desert ca
Name
Ray
Boat
none
If your paying $10.00 a day thats cheap. Was notified for a trip I am on its 20Per day. Thats way too much when you consider going to be hit with a fuel surcharge an who knows what that will be by the middle of the year let alone the end of the year. Price of desiel today here was $3.86.9. Can forsee the F/S in the range of 20 or higher.

Hollywood