Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Have you ever seen the reel you sold one week, up for sale the following week for $20 more? And, the seller offering to buy the same model reel from another ad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Larkspur
    Name
    Rick
    Boat Name
    Parker 2820
    Yea you think you are giving another BDer a good deal and then you find out it's a business....f that. If it's a business I'll adjust my price not give them a hook up thinking I'm giving my fellow fishermen a good deal.THT is infested with those guys. Look on Ebay and you will see all your gear you thought were going to a good cause marked way way up.

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat Name
    none
    Flippers going to be flippers. We all know who they are..I got one better. It's always an awesome feeling when you gift a youngster a nice reel to get them started into surface iron only to see it for sale 3 months later for $100...that kind of pissed me off.... A few of you know who it was...

Reactions: P_MAN and MAG0121
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    Well, you at least waited more than a week to resell my reel. Even oftered to sell it back to me... what a guy!
    Quite a story there, as Mark had a very nice YTS with a topless frame that matched the color of the side plates. I had to have it!

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    Several years ago in a discussion about the weight of rod blanks, I came out defending the heavier Super Seeker as everything is relative. Hanging a 4 pound reel on one end and trying to hang a 200 pound tuna on the other, a few ounces on the blank, no big deal. Randy offered me a free 2X4 blank which I gladly accepted.

I wrapped it, and fished it for ten years. As I was downsizing my quiver, I got in touch with him to get his permission to sell it. When I told him I was keeping my 7’6” Viper, I could see his grin through the approval in the email. :)

Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 28, 2007
    OC
    Name
    ChoeMan
    Boat Name
    Never
    Flippers going to be flippers. We all know who they are..I got one better. It's always an awesome feeling when you gift a youngster a nice reel to get them started into surface iron only to see it for sale 3 months later for $100...that kind of pissed me off.... A few of you know who it was...
    Was this the kid who got the rod from you I chipped in along with some others on this board for a Christmas gift for young dude

Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
    northwest
    Name
    joe
    Boat Name
    none
    BD used to be a place you could buy gear from members upgrading and always got a square deal, recently I came to terms to buy a pretty desirable reel right now, after we ageed to the price "which was full price plus shipping" the the seller quit responding, the ad then said pending, after multiple pm's I called him out, fucker probably took 20 more from a backdoor deal, problem with trust and people anymore, is their word isn't shit, wished I could get the fucker blackballed from selling here anymore,..after checking, it seems that's all he's on BD for.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat Name
    One that floats
    I had two Daiwa sealines up for $60 each and a guy messaged me saying he’s disabled and buys and sells used tackle and is looking for the best price I’d give him…. Like I owed him a discount on an already under priced listing.
    That’s why I treat people like I want to be treated, because I joke around a lot,
    But when it comes down to family and
    Money, I take it serious.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    I quit selling off my old or unused gear. I figured it will be my wife's insurance policy when she sells it all. She knows Bloody Decks and E Bay well enough to not give the shit away
    I’d prefer not to saddle my wife with that. And I’m afraid she would sell everything for what I told her I paid for it. ;)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0