Noms

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 12, 2017
San Diego
Name
Angel
Boat
15 foot tin can
Owned and used for the past two years. Only ever caught two yellowtail on it but caught plenty of the 3b on it. Was out on a half day last week and noticed the reel seat plate separated from the frame. Was hoping it would last a little longer than two years.
Reel drag was good and smooth after some cals grease. Internals looked good still last time I serviced it.
It spent half it's life on a jig stick with the clamp and other half on a live bait rod with a seat. 30lb mono topshot always.
Anyone else have physical failures on the warfares?
PXL_20201017_210013165.jpgPXL_20201017_210040611.jpgPXL_20201017_210028806.jpg

JamesTaylor

Question Everything
Jan 7, 2019
Cypress, Ca
Name
James Taylor
Boat
Not yet
My buddy got a warfare 20n as his first boat reel and Out of the box the spool was rubbing on the frame, No freespool, the drag was super jerky and the clicker fell off. No joke. Get a fathom

Reactions: rexor_rn

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Maybe Penn will kick down a new frame, get a couple more years out of it

Noms

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 12, 2017
San Diego
Name
Angel
Boat
15 foot tin can
Maybe Penn will kick down a new frame, get a couple more years out of it
I already contacted them via email a few days ago. Just waiting for the response. I messaged daiwa about a reel problem last Friday and they already got back to me this morning
And to everyone telling me to get a fathom. I do actually have higher end gear. But liked this cheap reel to not have to worry about it when I get on half day boats. It can sit in the back of the truck without me worrying about getting a 400 + set up stolen while I go into 711.

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
I already contacted them via email a few days ago. Just waiting for the response. I messaged daiwa about a reel problem last Friday and they already got back to me this morning
And to everyone telling me to get a fathom. I do actually have higher end gear. But liked this cheap reel to not have to worry about it when I get on half day boats. It can sit in the back of the truck without me worrying about getting a 400 + set up stolen while I go into 711.
Well even a Sheakspeare Combo will still be stolen on the back of the truck when left unattended....so just secure your set-up.

Used Fathoms can found for less than $200 to a little above $100 though & just pair it with Ugly Stick.

My point is to go with Fathom for durability on a budget.

Noms

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 12, 2017
San Diego
Name
Angel
Boat
15 foot tin can
Well even a Sheakspeare Combo will still be stolen on the back of the truck when left unattended....so just secure your set-up.

Used Fathoms can found for less than $200 to a little above $100 though & just pair it with Ugly Stick.

My point is to go with Fathom for durability on a budget.
I'm actually looking for a 25n 1st or 2nd Gen to replace the warfare. The only way I've been able to secure my rods in my truck is to stick them in the cab and have half sticking out the window. I roll the window up as much as possible. This is a huge pain in the the ass to do. I have a 1995 single cab tacoma. Only way I can think of securing my rods is to buy a camper shell. But I want to be able to load up my dirt bike and go camping this season. I'm open to suggestions for securing my gear in the back of the truck.

Reactions: rexor_rn

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
Price = Value. The design of the Warfare reels isn't bad, but the materials are very low quality. Not just the plastic ("graphite") frame and side plates, but the brass in the gear sleeve is soft, etc.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16

The service dept. is still substantially backlogged, but they will likely say that since the warranty period is past, they need to examine it in person. Truth be told, it probably won't pass, but I suppose it can't hurt to try.
Thinking about it, I don't know of too many of these that were used on jigstick/deckhand style rods using only the clamp. It may indeed be that the graphite frame on this lower-cost model can't handle it.
I know that in product development discussions, deckhand-style rods and their special needs have not generally been considered [though I always introduce it to the mix].