Offshore Burned some fuel today

Top or Bottom

May 1, 2020
Long Beach
Name
David Juner
Boat
22' Striper WA
Scratched an itch today after seeing all these BFT posts.. took my 22' striper out of Alamitos bay marina at about 6:45 .. headed straight to avalon bank then trolled my way to the slide then close to the 277 back down to 14 mile bank for squat. Weather was great until the ride home, then it was a sloppy windy and wet ride back. Didn't see any boils or birds working accept once but it was a nice pod of dolphin.

Beats work and the boat did great - cant get um on the couch. Will anchor up at Catalina next weekend for some yellows hopefully cause I dont have the $$$ for another solo run like that haha. Tight lines fellas hope your day out there was better than mine.

Upvote 0

thomasfishing

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
We went all the way to San Clemente island only to get kicked out by the navy. Stop on some empty paddies. Saw white caps at 11am so decided to head home in the most wicked wind and swells. Passing by the slide saw foaming tuna. Went 0 for 2 on these big tuna. The wind and swells made it very difficult to fight the fish. Long day and got out asses beat by tuna and Mother Nature.

Top or Bottom
Top or Bottom
I guess I should have stayed by the slide - I left there about 9:00 and trolled outside more - mother nature was a B today thats for sure - at least we tried!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Thats a long run solo David next time hit me up, Glad the TOP or BOTTOM ran well. See ya on the dock brother!

B34A0D5F-4AE5-417A-8966-69C5B3336349.png

Upvote 0

Top or Bottom

May 1, 2020
    Long Beach
    Name
    David Juner
    Boat
    22' Striper WA
    10-4 Rodrage it was a game time decision haha - literally made the call at 5am this morning - next time for sure as you're always welcome on my boat Sir

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0